Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo to Cardiff

Options
  • 09-02-2011 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Am on a promise for tickets for the Welsh rugby game in couple weeks and am wondering what is the best way to get there. Would plan on heading over for weekend but doesnt seem easiest to get there. What are my best options?

Thanks
    P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Fogra

You could fly Ryanair from Knock to Bristol. Cardiff is quite near there. They fly on Tues, Thurs & Sat: http://www.irelandwestairport.com

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pzer

Thanks Fogra, didnt realise Bristol was good option. Can fly out thurs for good price, tues is long time to wait to come back though. Dub to Bristol is very expensive that weekend too, Michael O'L wouldn't let opportunity like that slip through his fingers.......

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Knock bristol doesn't suit at all,the match is on at 5pm and the plane gets in at around half 6 I think.I'd go Dublin/Bristol with Ryanair,was checking it up there and it was 56euro for out on saturday at 12.50 and back early monday morning.
    The only slight problem is the Bristol Temple Meads train to Cardiiff leaves at 14.20 and the plane is due in at 13.50.Any delay and you are kinda goosed.It's tight to wait for the shuttlebus into town so I'd get a taxi.There's a later train at 14.54 but it'd be quarter to 4 before you are in Cardiff.The Stadium is less than 10mins walk from the train station but you might like to sample a few gallons of Brains beer before the match:).

Anyways, enjoy it.They are usually epic encounters.:)

Advertisement