Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little Creatures Ale

Options
  • 09-02-2011 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone !

This is my first post on the Beer&Wine&Spirits forum. Dont ya just love boards when ya got a problem and theres a whole forum for it ! :)

Anyway Im back from Australia a year and Im getting withdrawal symptoms from the above Ale . Now Ive had a look on search for a similar problem but its a 3 year old post and theres no answer at the end of the thread.

So does anyone know where in Dublin i could find Little Creatures Bright/Pale ale? Or that i could order in ?

Dave

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Oddbins have been known to stock it. But as I said in the other thread: why not try something similar that's readily available? Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Porterhouse Hop Head or O'Hara's IPA, for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Hello everyone !

This is my first post on the Beer&Wine&Spirits forum. Dont ya just love boards when ya got a problem and theres a whole forum for it ! :)

Anyway Im back from Australia a year and Im getting withdrawal symptoms from the above Ale . Now Ive had a look on search for a similar problem but its a 3 year old post and theres no answer at the end of the thread.

So does anyone know where in Dublin i could find Little Creatures Bright/Pale ale? Or that i could order in ?

Dave

I spoke with the guys from Drinkstore and they said there is a possibility they will be getting it in pretty soon.
    Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

ciaran76 wrote: »
    I spoke with the guys from Drinkstore and they said there is a possibility they will be getting it in pretty soon.
    Fingers crossed.
    Deadly. Like this. Although I'd rather see them getting some BlueTongue Ginger beer in.
    But as TBN already said, there're quite a few pale ales on the market these days as alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Funnily enough I had 1-2 mouthfulls of Little Creatures last week as the other half loves this pale ale over all others. O'Hara's and Galway Hooker is pushing it close though as they are her alternatives.

Anyway as not having tasted Little Creatures in a long time I noticed how similar it wasd to Galway Hooker but that could be down to my taste buds as I had at this stage already tasted Brewdogs Rich Bitch which threw my taste buds right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dolan

Don't know if Danger Dave ever found anyone stocking Little Creatures as this post is a bit old.

Have been on a hunt for it myself, particularly their Bright Ale. Its very nice stuff. Have been in touch with a mate who works in Dublin chain of Off Licenses, he's been on to his suppliers and they're looking into it.

Have also been talking to McHughs in Artaine (8 time Beer offy of the year). He's also looking into it. From what I could find on-line Aspells in the UK import it. Though after contacting them they don't distribute it to anyone over here. Though Noreast (Beer importers... Budvar etc) import Aspells so they're gonna ask if they can slap a box or two onto one of their cider orders.

If anyone knows where it might be found, do feel ree to let me know!

Never though I'd say it about an Australian beer, but the Bright Ale is really one of the finest I've ever had!

• Advertisement

Sounds like you're well ahead of the game. Keep us posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dolan

When a man has a thirst something must be done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ATG N

All the little creatures you can drink in Against the Grain wexford st D2. few other ozzie gems too.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Timistry

As a matter of coincidence im tearing into a 6 pack of the stuff now. I live in Perth though so thats easy for me to say! If any of you are in WA at any stage a visit to the brewery in Fremantle is a real treat. Im glad a few on you think so highly of it. I've been drinking it for a 6 weeks or so now

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭mac_daddy

The off licence/bottle 'o in Blackrock Village sells the stuff. I think it is an Odd Bins. Enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The Beer Baron works for the company who import it.

I don't know of it's still the case but when I was in Salt House last week Tar mentioned that his supplier didn't have it the last time he placed an order, which made me a sad panda as I was much in the mood for one.

Lovely beer. My only problem with it is that I fidn to drink it far too quickly.

Even at 5.2% it's a great session beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Seaneh wrote: »
    The Beer Baron works for the company who import it.

I don't know of it's still the case but when I was in Salt House last week Tar mentioned that his supplier didn't have it the last time he placed an order, which made me a sad panda as I was much in the mood for one.

There is a small problem in that the Brewery has changed hands and this has really slowed supply. We'll get it back in stock soon but at present we're in a queue waiting for production to fulfill it's orders AND it's a long way away so it takes time to get it.

I told my sister this on Facebook, who lives in Perth, and she sent me back a picture of herself with a case of it. BITCH! :mad:

Anyone know if this beer is ever going to make it to the Irish market again... I have not seen it in ages?

mac_daddy wrote: »
    Anyone know if this beer is ever going to make it to the Irish market again
    That's not really predictable :) It's coming into the UK -- last place I saw it on sale was The Brewer's House in Donaghmore, Co. Tyrone -- so any importer who uses those channels could get it if they wanted, I'd say. But there are loads of beers a lot like it already on the market.

I'm originally from Cookstown so Donaghmore is only a few miles away. Will have to pop in the next time I am up. Can you think of a beer that would be quite similar to little creatures?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

As BeerNut said above...
    BeerNut wrote:
    ...Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Porterhouse Hop Head or O'Hara's IPA, for instance.

I'm originally from Cookstown so Donaghmore is only a few miles away. Will have to pop in the next time I am up.
    Well worth it. Great food, cask beer, and they should have their on-site brewery fully operational soon.

I just had a look at the website... the place looks savage!! I can't believe I have never heard of it and surprised a venue of that quality has sprung up there. Definitely going to check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

Between them and Poker Tree Brewery, the Tyrone beer revolution is in full swing ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Andre Salmon

Anyone know if this beer is ever going to make it to the Irish market again... I have not seen it in ages?

I noticed Sweeny's of Glasnevin have little creatures ale listed on their website

• Advertisement
Advertisement