Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

android app for keeping track of calls and tewts

• 09-02-2011 2:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭

ive signed up for meteor package,i want to be able to keep track of calls and tewts to non 08 5 numbers,is there an app for it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

meteor have their own app in the market.
    bit fidly to download/get working but once i got into it it does what it says on the tin! give it a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've used Droidstats. Works quite well when you have it set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭niallb

ronano wrote: »
    ive signed up for meteor package,i want to be able to keep track of calls and tewts to non 08 5 numbers,is there an app for it

You can of course keep track of calls to non 085 numbers,
    but I think what you really want is to keep track of calls to non Meteor numbers,
    which can be 083,085,086,087,089 or whatever.
    Likewise, there is no guarantee that 085 numbers are still with Meteor.

I use an excellent app called CallTrack. It allows me log calls to a Google calendar.
    It logs the time and number of seconds, and the phone number, but adds the name from your contacts also if it's in your Contacts. I use it for keeping track of support calls,
    and there's plenty of space on the google calendar for notes etc.
    You can log to a default calendar or to one of your choosing.

It won't help with working out which calls are to Meteor or not, but you could add the word (Meteor) to your contacts who are definitely on Meteor, and it would help you get an idea of where your calls are going when you look at the calendar.

Hope that gives you a start. You can work out who's on your network by the sound the phone makes when you place a call. If you're going off network, there should be a short notification tone, though I'm not sure if all networks do it.

The Meteor App is aware of which network it is, but this way can help by putting names to numbers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

+1 for droidstats. Can be slightly off on remaining minutes, but it has a widget, so you can see at a glance how healthy your balance is...

The Meteor one is the obvious choice, but with no widget available, its a hassle going in to manually check your balance each time...

Advertisement