Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cornstore -v- Fenns Quay on Friday 9/2/10

Options
  • 09-02-2011 3:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Gonna spend the weekend in Cork with my girlfriend this weekend and just looking for somewhere nice to eat on Friday night. I've been looking at both The Cornstore and Fenns Quay, both seem to have good reviews. Anyone able to make a call on which one is better/more consistent with good food?

Or would Augustine's be a better shout?!

Feel free to throw out any other suggestions too!!

Need somewhere to go on Saturday night too, and for lack of a better description, a "trendy" bar is what I'm after. Anyone got suggestions on that?

Gonna hit Fota wildlife park, and possibly Blarney Castle too.

Thanks guys!!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

By "Cornerstone", do you mean The Cornstore?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Faith wrote: »
    By "Cornerstone", do you mean The Cornstore?

I might.... :mad:

Well spotted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Between the two you've picked it's Fenns Quay every time for me, Cornstore is just an overpriced factory of a place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Cornstore is bloody awful. Worst restaurant I have been to in Cork. And I have been to Captain Americas. Overpriced, poor service and nothing food. Poor menu choice as well.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    Cornstore is bloody awful. Worst restaurant I have been to in Cork. And I have been to Captain Americas. Overpriced, poor service and nothing food. Poor menu choice as well.

Sooooo.... what you're saying is don't go there? :D

Open to other suggestions from anyone else too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I have just noticed your date! Last year you wanted to go was it? :P

Fenns Quay is lovely. Brick Oven is very nice, as is Liberty Grill. You will need a reservation certainly for Fenns and the Lib.

gimmick wrote: »
    I have just noticed your date! Last year you wanted to go was it? :P

Fenns Quay is lovely. Brick Oven is very nice, as is Liberty Grill. You will need a reservation certainly for Fenns and the Lib.

FFS!! Worst thread ever. I called The Cornstore The "Cornerstone" too and had to go back and edit it. I'll check out those other two later and see if I can find menus. Thanks a mil :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

I quite like the Cornstore, but Fenn's would probably win for me. You will need to book early though!

If it's a 'trendy' bar you're after, you could try The Bodega, which happens to be very close to the Cornstore. Very nice decor and atmosphere. Not entirely my cup of tea, but certainly if it's trendy you're after.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I like FennsQuay. Good food, good service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Fenns quay will be good for food.
    If its a bar full of Knobbs Trendy bar you are looking for then the Bodega is it I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I'm a big fan of Fenn's Quay. lovely food and great service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Hanley wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Or would Augustine's be a better shout?!
    I would highly recommend Augustine's in the Clarion. The only problem with it is that it is in a hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Greens McCurtain Street

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Fenn's Quay for me too. Yum yum.
    I think the food is better quality than Cornstore which I think is a bit overpriced for what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭shnaek

I'm surprised to see the bad feedback on the cornstore. I've eaten there twice and really enjoyed it both times.
    I like Greens too, and Market Lane.
    There are a lot of decent places to eat in the city thankfully!

Advertisement