Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Integrated fridge door

• 09-02-2011 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭

I was wondering how easy it is to connect the fridge door to the outer wooden cabinet door? I have the runners/ screws and all the fixings.
    First thing that put me off is that it seems I need to drill holes into the side of the fridge to screw on the hinge.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

As you say, it is simple, but it does involve drilling holes in the fridge, unless you fancy gettin some epoxy resin to do the job instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

A cordless drill should do the job, without actually drilling.
    The screws supplied should be self tapping into the metal of the fridge.
    Give it a lash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Hi OP

I've fitted a few of these in my time, all makes have slightly different fittings though, so if you let me know the make i should be able to help.

(A pic of the fittings would be a big help also)

I tried typing out general instructions but there's so many variables it turned into a confusing essay :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

Sure, it's a Belling BIFF 233, and I'm attaching a pic of the fittings (without the screws and stuff) and door.
    Haven't tried screwing the screws in with a drill directly without drilling.

th_IMG_0005.jpg

th_IMG_0002.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Whatever you do, don't try this without drilling holes first. The screws will run all over the place and be a pain in general. Drill pilot holes first.

• Advertisement

Ok if i was fitting it:

1/ Make sure the door of the carcass is properly adjusted
    2/ Make sure the fridge is plumb and the correct distance back
    3/ Attach the metal L bracket you have with the slotted holes to the fridge (non hinging side)
    4/ Secure the fridge into the carcass (There'll be places to screw up top, 2 on the bottom & the bracket you just fitted to the side of the unit)
    5/ Attach the plastic L shaped brackets to the fridge door (ideally try to line them up with the rails of the cabinet door but keep 25mm or so from the top & bottom of the fridge or else you can run into trouble)

(Looking at your pic you properly wont need to drill the fridge door but just in case)

Easiest way to attach them is with the screws supplied but DO NOT drill a pilot hole unless you've got a tiny drill bit (-1.5mm) Using a normal pilot hole bit (3mm) will remove too much material and the bracket will slide along the slots far too easily.
    If you dont have a bit this small i find a nail to be the best option just piercing the skin of the fridge (some fridges come with a small nail for doing this)

6/ Open both doors, slide in the final 2 plastic pieces into position, attach (no need for pilot hole into the wood) these to the carcass door making sure to leave enough room for the door too close properly.

3005svs.jpg

7/ Make sure the fridge is sealing properly , if not use the 2 white brackets attached the the fridge door to adjust the distance between doors.

8/ Job Done :D

Apologies if this doesn't make perfect sense, is far easier when you've the specific model fridge in front of ya ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

Thanks a lot - that will certainly help me!
    I don't have a bit that small, so will try with a nail. Apart from that it doesn't look like too difficult a job at all.

fjon wrote: »
    Thanks a lot - that will certainly help me!
    I don't have a bit that small, so will try with a nail. Apart from that it doesn't look like too difficult a job at all.

Ya i normally just use a nail to be honest, no need to drive it too far in, just a hole big enough for the point of the screw to get a grip, i find that if you have to adjust the door after drilling, the screws have no grip after being tightened & loosened more than once.

If you cant position the tabs on the carcass door to the rails you could glue a packer piece onto the panel allowing you too get all the screws in, but to be honest even if only one side is fixed it should be fine.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I see you live in Dublin 18, I'm there as well and recently replaced my integrated fridge/freeze, bought the new one in Knowles in Dun Laoghaire. They recommended a guy in Cabinteely, he did an excellent job and I'd have no hesitation in recommending him. He quoted me Eur 80 to remove the old F/F and install the new one. When the old F/F came out the plinth was in a bad way so he went away to a local supplier and came back with a new base panel, he installed it and the F/F, he attached the two doors and didn't ask for an extra penny for the new base, all round an excellent job done.

PM me if you want his details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Elbow wrote: »
    Ok if i was fitting it:

1/ Make sure the door of the carcass is properly adjusted
    2/ Make sure the fridge is plumb and the correct distance back
    3/ Attach the metal L bracket you have with the slotted holes to the fridge (non hinging side)
    4/ Secure the fridge into the carcass (There'll be places to screw up top, 2 on the bottom & the bracket you just fitted to the side of the unit)
    5/ Attach the plastic L shaped brackets to the fridge door (ideally try to line them up with the rails of the cabinet door but keep 25mm or so from the top & bottom of the fridge or else you can run into trouble)

(Looking at your pic you properly wont need to drill the fridge door but just in case)

Easiest way to attach them is with the screws supplied but DO NOT drill a pilot hole unless you've got a tiny drill bit (-1.5mm) Using a normal pilot hole bit (3mm) will remove too much material and the bracket will slide along the slots far too easily.
    If you dont have a bit this small i find a nail to be the best option just piercing the skin of the fridge (some fridges come with a small nail for doing this)

6/ Open both doors, slide in the final 2 plastic pieces into position, attach (no need for pilot hole into the wood) these to the carcass door making sure to leave enough room for the door too close properly.

3005svs.jpg

7/ Make sure the fridge is sealing properly , if not use the 2 white brackets attached the the fridge door to adjust the distance between doors.

8/ Job Done :D

Apologies if this doesn't make perfect sense, is far easier when you've the specific model fridge in front of ya ;)

Hi I need these exact door slides. Anyone know where they can be purchased online or in Ireland?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Pronto63

Resurrecting an old thread here.

just purchased an integrated Belling fridge (model BIL305) and am having difficulty fitting brackets for the door.

See pic from instructions.

On the instructions there appears to be 2 small marks where the bracket goes. I can’t see this on the actual door.

I’m presuming that I need to drill a pilot hole in the side of the fridge door. This is a problem. The drill won’t penetrate the door. I’ve even broken a 2.5mm metal drill bit.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement