Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Adoption Contact Preference Register

Options
  • 09-02-2011 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

I sent in the form today, has anyone had any result from this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

I registered for it, but ended up going through the formal tracing service with a social worker. There have been some, the former adoption board included stats on membership and outcomes in its annual reports since 07 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Im going to go to the adoption agency aswell , its been twenty years since I last spoke to a social worker. I got some information back then but maybe Ill get some more now that Im not a young lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kelsodaws

I registered when it first came out and was notified of a match exactly 4 years later in 2009. I was then passed to my local HSE and a very nice social worker made contact with me (only after i called a few times for an update).

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cybersheepz

2qk4u wrote: »

I sent in the form today, has anyone had any result from this ?

HIYA! Registered in September, got a call yesterday confirming a match and now the ball is rolling for reunion!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

HIYA! Registered in September, got a call yesterday confirming a match and now the ball is rolling for reunion!
    Keep us posted... Good luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Apparently there have been over 300 matches made- I don't know the breakdown. I'm going to see if I can track down an annual report for the adoption authority for 2009 (the last one that was published) and see what it says.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

smccarrick wrote: »
    Apparently there have been over 300 matches made- I don't know the breakdown. I'm going to see if I can track down an annual report for the adoption authority for 2009 (the last one that was published) and see what it says.

Has the new minister met with any public group representatives yet?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

efla wrote: »
    Has the new minister met with any public group representatives yet?

Not that I'm aware of (but Frances Fitzgerald has only been in the post a forthnight- so lets give her a chance).

Advertisement