Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting started

Options
  • 09-02-2011 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi,

I am new to FM and am going to buy it this week,

I have been told that 2010 is better than 2011 and also for a beginner 2010 is easier to use

Is this correct

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

There is more complexity to fm2011 than 2010 but there are more than enough improvements in the later edition to sway you. The up to date team rosters will be out soon and you will have all/most of the correct teamsheets correct. But if you're a liverpool fan maybe stick with fm2010 ;).

The agent/player interactions are better in 2011 giving an extra bit of realism, reject an agents call for an improved contract for one of your players and you'll have a tougher time negotiating with them again.
    It's not perfect but you can't help but admire the extra element of realism.

Plus the new to 2011 pre-match training is very good once you get in to it. It's a little overwhelming at first but think of it an additional training method. You choose 3 tactics and the team will practice them in training. Pick any of them in a match and the team will be used to them. You could set up a counter attacking strategy when away from home or winning by a single goal, a defensive strategy to play for a draw and one for at home or when your the favourite. Or if you've brought in a new star player that doesn't suit a particular formation choose a new formation and build it around him.

The complexity can be lowered by using your assistant do interviews/pre-match tactics, teamtalks, contract renewals etc, just make sure you have a good assistant! Finally, if you have steam on your pc installed you could download both demos and decide for yourself by playing them.

Also there are plenty of people on here and elsewhere on the web who've encylcopedic knowledge of what players/formations/tactics/ work and what don't work, many of us all too willing to show off our latest signings and ridiculous formations.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭bambam26

Thanks for the info,

I actually picked up a copy of 2010 last night for € 16.00 so at that price it was worth a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Give it time, it's alot to take in at once....hours/day/months/years/decades etc haha it's very addictive..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

fm 2011 is far better than 2010..dunno why you got that one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

partyndbs wrote: »
    fm 2011 is far better than 2010..dunno why you got that one.

Doesn't make much of a difference considering he hasn't played before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭bambam26

cheers for the advice ,

One question i have tho is how do i activate the update's.

I downloaded the latest on but have no idea what to do with it. I dont play the online game i use the ooption were you keep the disk in the cd drive while playing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

You'll find the patchs on the FM website. Just download them and install them when they've downloaded and they'll link with the game. On your start up screen in game it will tell you what version is active such as 11.1 , 11.2 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Having played the FM series since 07 I'd say 11 is better than 10, but if you're only starting out now I'd go with 10 and play it until 12 comes out. It's still a good game and will last a few months so you can get your head around the game. It's very easy to learn but extremely difficult to perfect, excuse the cheesy description.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Sponsored RYAN

its hard to get used to at the start but it can be picked up quite quickly

Advertisement