Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Single Story V Two Story Extension

Options
  • 09-02-2011 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭

We are considering building an extension to our 3 bed semi and will be on a tight budget. We have been told that we might as well build 2 stories instead of 1 as the main price is in the founds, roof etc. What is the usual difference between building 2 floors instead of 1? i.e. If 1 floor cost €20,000 what would 2 floors cost? Is there a rough % increase figure we could go by?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,645 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

We are considering building an extension to our 3 bed semi and will be on a tight budget. We have been told that we might as well build 2 stories instead of 1 as the main price is in the founds, roof etc. What is the usual difference between building 2 floors instead of 1? i.e. If 1 floor cost €20,000 what would 2 floors cost? Is there a rough % increase figure we could go by?

if i was to give a rough % increse id say 50%... you still have to fit it out and finish it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

id say 50% isnt far off but theres a lot of factors need to be included.
    such as do you need new stairs, are you breaking through from another room will you need to close off part of exist room to gain access. what type of roof will you be marrying into. the main question is will you have enough head height.
    hope that helps.

Advertisement