Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with jtagable xbox

Options
  • 09-02-2011 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

I was sold a xbox that can be jtag as far as i know but i wont be able to do anything with it if i sold it would i get enough for a xbox slim 250 or would a swap be fair for one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

No you would not get enough for a xbox slim as you can still buy new jtagable 360's in the shops eg tesco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

No you would not get enough for a xbox slim as you can still buy new jtagable 360's in the shops eg tesco

Do tell! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

justryan wrote: »
    Do tell! :)

Go in to tesco and look for the box's with pacman on the front two weeks ago i was in tesco in clarehall and they must have had about 50 of them

Ah yes I picked on of those up off Adverts.ie recently, I think it's a Zephyr or Falcon motherboard must check again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ah yes I picked on of those up off Adverts.ie recently, I think it's a Zephyr or Falcon motherboard must check again

I know Jasps are the best, but are Falcons generally avoided? My falcon is still running strong since when I jtagged it & logged it here. It runs happy at roughly 40C for both CPU & GPU (with mods), so that's maybe why it's lasting? It's an ex rrod too I think.

• Advertisement

The earlier the model the more prone to rrod, I still must jtag my Zephyr/Falcon whatever it is. How long since your Falcon got rrod? Did you have it reballed? Hope your not running the fans at 12v thats pretty unbearable :(

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

how much you think i can list it for

The earlier the model the more prone to rrod, I still must jtag my Zephyr/Falcon whatever it is. How long since your Falcon got rrod? Did you have it reballed? Hope your not running the fans at 12v thats pretty unbearable :(

No idea when it rr'd, I bought it from ebay ages ago so info is sketchy :D It wasn't reballed, but had some kind of x-clamp jobbie done (there's no x-clamp on the gpu). Oh no 12v is literally unbearable, I've got the main fans running at 60/70% ish, the exhaust shroud is split into two seperate channels, I put a lid on the high heatsink so air is pulled through it rather than over it, & I've some small ram coolers acyively lending a hand too. By all accounts 40c is a pretty good level so should last??
    how much you think i can list it for

If it was got from adverts, then I think you've to list it on adverts at no higher than what you paid for it. That used to be the rule anyway (profiteering)

I reckon it will last 40c is the best temp I've heard of on a non-water cooled system nice job :D

ok i paying 210 for it

• Advertisement

ok i paying 210 for it

From adverts? If so, you can list it at any price you want elsewhere, just not there. Again that was an old rule, I'm not sure if it still applies as there was a big revision there a while ago.

didnt buy from adverts got off a friend of mine

didnt buy from adverts got off a friend of mine

There you go then, your free to ask whatever you see fit :) Are you an XBL user? If not, then what advantage does a slim have over a jtaggable 360?

im not big into the modded consoles anymore. im trying to sell a modded xbox aswell. ya i play a bit online. two worlds and bad company

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Selling a JTAG ...Noooooooooo

That said, fair play to you for selling it on rather than just updating it and killing another JTAG. I think you paid way over the odds for it at €210 especially considering it's not a Jasper. I've not sold a fully completed JTAGed Jasper for more than €160 and they cost me €100 to buy brand new.

Maybe I dropped the ball though, I've been known to be too kind :P

On the tangent of Falcon reliability I must say that a 40C temperature is very impressive, even stock Jaspers with 70% fans in cold rooms struggle to come near it, especially for the GPU. The only thing that'll have changed over the lifetime of the Falcon model is the solder mix used for the pB-free solder or the QA process in the factory - the boards are the same no matter what the date of manufacture is. Of course there's no real way to know if older falcons are less reliable than newer ones, but the rule of thumb is to go with the closest date to the present one as possible :)

As for whether I'd buy a Falcon to JTAG it? Sure, of course I would. JTAGs will only get more rare as time goes on. Jaspers will probably last a year or two (at least) with proper care i.e. fan speed to 60% min with no mods, or other cooling mods and even if something does happen it'd nearly be worth a reball at that stage :)

Advertisement