Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live via three mobile broadband help

Options
  • 09-02-2011 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hello I am using a Three Mobile Broadband dongle, i can connect to xbox live via sharing the connection via lan on my mac.

However it keeps reporting back that the Nat is Moderate, and thus i cannot play GOW2 or such games.

Anyone have a way around this using three ? I can use a windows laptop if that helps.

Any feedback on this would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Try this thread don't know if it has your 3 mobile on it but it helped me before

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056029020

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 zackonmac

I have a spare edimax 3g router handy, and am wondering. If i enable dmz or port forwarding, will that bypass three's settings or is it a waste of time?

Edit : After more testing this is definitely an issue with 3 themselves. I tried every available public apn setting i could find and my results varied from strict to moderate.

If I rang the support helpline and complained enough, do you think they would give me an open apn ? (ie open nat) ? If i asked to speak to a supervisor or manager ? Or am i just doomed to have restricted nat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

mobile "broadband" is not recommended for online gaming. Try getting a proper connection from UPC or eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

I use 3 mobile for online gaming. It's generally fine even on stuff like BFBC2 or Black Ops.

Check your firewall settings. That can have an effect on your NAT settings being moderate. Turn of the firewall and see what effect that has and take it from there. Turning it off on windows vista is what got my NAT settings off moderate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Danny Abercrombie

k thats grand men but how do u turn of the firewall on the 3 wireless modem ? im stuck there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

k thats grand men but how do u turn of the firewall on the 3 wireless modem ? im stuck there

I recommend reading the sticky FAQ. It has a simple easy to follow guide on how to open up Nat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Danny Abercrombie

where is the sticky FAQ pal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

where is the sticky FAQ pal ?

Sticky is the section at the top of ever forum where rules, important stuff or FAQ are included.

Either way heres the link to the thread. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056029020

Advertisement