Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deja vu - Labour - restricted breeds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

This fool is our local TD. I am looking forward to him calling to my door. I might just invite him in to witness how well our staff and 5 month old daughter get along together.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

Is still there stance on things?

If so they have lost my vote, although not sure they had it to begin with. I've emailed Liz McManus to ask for some clarification on this, but dont expect a reply :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Yep, several of my friends, volunteers and supporters have emailed and not gotten a reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

****, they were around my house this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Maybe i should be ready and armed to question them about this if they call to mine. What exactly should i be asking? Im useless when it comes to politics so wouldnt know where to start:o
    They could come in and my 2 restricted breeds could keep them company. All 78kg of them:D

• Advertisement

andreac wrote: »
    Maybe i should be ready and armed to question them about this if they call to mine. What exactly should i be asking? Im useless when it comes to politics so wouldnt know where to start:o
    They could come in and my 2 restricted breeds could keep them company. All 78kg of them:D

Good point, EGAR would you have anything in the way of a standard argument that you put to these people? I'd have a pretty good idea about what I'd say to them, but might miss out some essential points

I'll draw up a list this evening, got to run to collect a walking mop from the vet sans family jewels ;).

168033_10150102548225889_169411475888_6360161_1192501_n.jpg

SOME pit bull that is ;) - I am sure Labour will agree seeing that their canvassers in 2007 thought my rednose Bogey was a choc Lab pup :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 27 pugsnotdrugs

I'll definitely raise this with him when he calls to our door. I will also be asking him why Labour voted against the stag hunting ban last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

What a joke especially when the UK are considering dropping BSL.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭CL32

Discodog wrote: »
    What a joke especially when the UK are considering dropping BSL.

Exactly..

I pointed this out in a comment on his site and told him to go get a job with The Sun.

• Advertisement

Ask if they have an animal welfare policy (which they don't).

Ask what their stance is on restricted breeds and if they act innocent ask them about their pre-election proposal from 2007:

Ms Upton on restricted breeds
    http://www.labour.ie/press/listing/116774140890584.html

Joe Costello:
    http://joecostellotd.blogspot.com/2007/01/dangerous-dogs-statement-sparks-debate.html

Print it out and wave it under their noses if they proclaim they have no proposals. Both statements are still up and running on their website. So yes, they are still supporting that idiotic proposal.

One of my volunteers was told at her door that it was *a very small reason not to vote for the fantastic party that is Labour* when she pointed out that she wouldn't be voting for a party that supported carted staghunting and wanted a ban on restricted breeds.

And for those who'd like to see Costello in action re the proposal:

Part I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSAxS67pKfc&feature=related

Part II
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fddUquDXIjo&feature=related

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

Cant wait to introduce the canvassers to my two. Oh I'll introduce them, let them pet them, then inform them that the adorable little animals they are petting are the animals they're trying to ban. At which point, I will promptly tell them to **** off.

Several people including myself have asked on FB but no answer:

http://www.facebook.com/thelabourparty?v=wall

I've emailed several & sent messages on twitter, no replys yet, big suprise.

People can post questions here for a digital debate
    http://www.youtube.com/irishelection

Pity I am on dial up.

My polite questions were deleted off the Labour wall. Now, why am I not surprised and I guess no answer is an answer too!

posted up there myself, lets see if that gets deleted too

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

yeah i posted too if only to annoy them it would be worth it..:D

joyce2009 wrote: »
    yeah i posted too if only to annoy them it would be worth it..:D

you prob wont get a response joyce, they just seem to be blankly refusing to state their position on this

EDIT: I think they've just deleted your post

• Advertisement

antomagoo wrote: »
    you prob wont get a response joyce, they just seem to be blankly refusing to state their position on this

EDIT: I think they've just deleted your post
    god they were quick off the mark,,,oh well i guess i have to wait for my local tool to call to my door and ill do it all over again:D

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

I had a look at the Facebook page last night and saw that comments in relation to this were either ignored or just deleted. This is pretty pathetic stuff as they are actively engaging with Facebook users on other topics.

In overall terms, while it may seem a very minor issue going into this election, they should at least engage with people on it.

i had asked why my post was deleated but guess what,,,,your right,,, that was deleated too...how original..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I'm going to spread the word around. I know a few people that might be thinking about voting Labour that also have RB list dogs, and probably don't know about this.

Thanks EGAR :)

koneko wrote: »
    I'm going to spread the word around. I know a few people that might be thinking about voting Labour that also have RB list dogs, and probably don't know about this.

Thanks EGAR :)

you should get them to ask the question here http://www.facebook.com/thelabourparty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

I would fear if they ever got into power they would simply delete indivduals opinions, was going to vote Labour but have now changed my mind thanks to EGAR appearing on the show, I would have liked to meet you if I knew you where heading into my place of work that day.

Who am I going to vote for now??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

I'll definitely raise this with him when he calls to our door. I will also be asking him why Labour voted against the stag hunting ban last year.

This is on my list of questions for them & FG, plus the animal welfare question, I will definitely be specific about the RB thing as well now, just waiting waiting waiting for a call to the door, my lad is half Staffy and of course a big friendly lump, can't wait to drop that into the conversation. I am actually quite shocked they are just deleting those comments and questions, maybe I'm being naive, as another poster said, even if it's considered a 'minor' issue, they should at least engage the posters and answer the questions honestly, if they truly believe that crap they're spouting then at least have the balls to stand by it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I doubt we'll get canvassers at our door, none at all so far, but if they do, I'll be putting some questions to them, and asking them if they want to meet my GSD (though I'm sure they won't, since she's supposedly a murderer-in-waiting).

Why vote for a party that can't even answer your question, instead they resort to censorship and just delete the awkward (but valid) questions. Really poor show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you want to catch their real response, ask them an open-ended question like, "I would like to know what Labour plans to do about the control of dogs"?

They may launch into a spiel about banning X, Y & Z, and then you can tell them to PFO. If you show your hand to them that you're a dog lover, they could BS you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

Didn't one of these parties (not sure which one) say they would reverse the stag hunting ban if they got in?

Advertisement