Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sufjan Stevens - Olympia - May 17th/18th

Options
  • 09-02-2011 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭

Onsale friday

FYI

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Moved to Gigs/Events.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

These will go quickly, this is going to be a very busy few days with grant lee buffalo and mercury rev playng vicar street on the same nights, will have to sacrifice one for this:mad: if I can get a ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

indiewindy wrote: »
    These will go quickly, this is going to be a very busy few days with grant lee buffalo and mercury rev playng vicar street on the same nights, will have to sacrifice one for this:mad: if I can get a ticket

Well since MCD haven't even started advertising it yet I'd say we have a good chance.

Mods - delete this thread! :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

You know i very nearly would delete it...

Best of luck to one and all getting tickets. One or two nights is the decision...

Last olympia gig was amazballs.

I'm banning you if this isn't true btw!!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭keenan110

So will these tickets be on sale from ticketmaster tomorrow morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

No sign of them but they could be released later (with a tour announcement?).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Promoter pulled the onsale on this, could be on sale tomorrow, could be next week :( It will happen though!

Sinfonia wrote: »
    Promoter pulled the onsale on this, could be on sale tomorrow, could be next week :( It will happen though!

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll lock this til it's confirmed and eh, drop us a PM when you know and i'll reopen. ta

As brought to you by the wonderful Sinfonia two weeks ago.

cofirmed.

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/onth...ns-dublin-may/

I wasn't lying!

It's up on MCD.ie now, but still not Ticketmaster.ie

On sale Friday 9am though, I'll be there on the 17th, see some of you then I'm sure!

*giddy

• Advertisement

Sinfonia wrote: »
    I wasn't lying!

It's up on MCD.ie now, but still not Ticketmaster.ie

On sale Friday 9am though, I'll be there on the 17th, see some of you then I'm sure!

*giddy

I'm in Germany and not back til the night of the 18th. But i'll see Suf at primavera a week later.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭big_show

Cheers for this guys! nearly missed another gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

How soon will this sell out?

5 mins / 20 mins/ 2 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

I don't think the last gig was an instant sell out but it did sell out fairly quickly.

To be honest I was quite disappointed with the last gig. There were some excellent moments but there was an also odd culty feel to the performers (was about 13 backing musicians). And not good culty like The Polyphonic Spree.. more a feeling that every aspect of their performance had been tightly controlled by Sufjan. It is really hard to explain but the performance was so exacted as to feel artificial and clinical to me. Down to the way they all swayed in time.... they didn't sway because they wanted to sway.. they swayed because they were told to sway and it was obvious and jarring... like watching bad acting.

Anyway a lot of people did like it so I'd say it will be a fairly quick sell out with possibly some upper circle seats remaining for a short while.

Edit: Found the original thread. Apparently there were still tickets last time around 5.30pm of the day they went on sale but appears that was the last of them. Sold out the same day. MCD ban came in before the gig actually happened so no reaction thread which is a shame. Really shows how long ago that was now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭glanman

just got my 4:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Me too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Toast wrote: »
    I don't think the last gig was an instant sell out but it did sell out fairly quickly.

To be honest I was quite disappointed with the last gig. There were some excellent moments but there was an also odd culty feel to the performers (was about 13 backing musicians). And not good culty like The Polyphonic Spree.. more a feeling that every aspect of their performance had been tightly controlled by Sufjan. It is really hard to explain but the performance was so exacted as to feel artificial and clinical to me. Down to the way they all swayed in time.... they didn't sway because they wanted to sway.. they swayed because they were told to sway and it was obvious and jarring... like watching bad acting.

Anyway a lot of people did like it so I'd say it will be a fairly quick sell out with possibly some upper circle seats remaining for a short while.

Edit: Found the original thread. Apparently there were still tickets last time around 5.30pm of the day they went on sale but appears that was the last of them. Sold out the same day. MCD ban came in before the gig actually happened so no reaction thread which is a shame. Really shows how long ago that was now.

I have to say the last gig was one of my favourite gigs ever, the visuals and huge band, it was a bit cult-y but in a good way.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

I have to say the last gig was one of my favourite gigs ever, the visuals and huge band, it was a bit cult-y but in a good way.

Got my ticket!

Really thought this would sell out, but there ya go!
    I failed on the QotSA this morning though, so only a half-win today..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Got my tickets, thrilled ;)

Going both nights.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Got my tickets, thrilled ;)

Going both nights.
    nice if you can afford that.
    got tickets myself, surprised they aint sold out but i guess the price is steep! cant believe gig prices arent going down a bit in the recession!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭mosstin

Agreed. I seem to remember he opened with a ****ing incredible version of Sister and from there it was a pretty wonderful night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,884 ✭✭✭sporina

not sold at at all - whats the story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

sporina wrote: »
    not sold at at all - whats the story?

I'm guessing it's because the tickets are over 40 euro, he's playing two nights and the amount of tickets sold have yet to meet the capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,884 ✭✭✭sporina

yeah i called TM to see what the availability is as I have to get time off work to go and they said there were standing tickets still available..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Got 2 tickets this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

Bought two tickets for the second night and then realised I'm going to Perfume Genius the same night, what an idiot! Don't suppose there'll be people out there willing to swap tickets?

Bought two tickets for the second night and then realised I'm going to Perfume Genius the same night, what an idiot! Don't suppose there'll be people out there willing to swap tickets?

Try toutless.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Wildlife Actor

Ah feck feck feck! I've booked 4 tix for the 18th and I've a prior commitment. I am an idiot. Is toutless the best/only place to get a swap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭aas

Try swapping, but if you're not having any luck, you might be better off selling and rebuying as typically the market for the latter is much bigger than the former.

Advertisement