Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sufjan Stevens - Olympia - May 17th/18th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,884 ✭✭✭sporina

so is everyone looking forward to the gig/s? Not too long now. I am so excited - I cannot wait to hear - Impossible Soul, All delighted people, Chicago etc. The only problem is that I am in the circle - I do not know how I will contain myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Standing at a Sufjan Stevens gig would seem odd to me.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Standing at a Sufjan Stevens gig would seem odd to me.

really? Well maybe for former albums but from what I can see on youtube this gig will be rocking as The age of andz is quite a noisy album?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭fichillie

Anyone know if there is/who the support act is?

Also Im guessing Jurys is the best place to park, does anyone know if it has plenty parking? Im driving up from the south west and dont want to be standing around like a loner for too long, yet dont want to be driving around the city looking for parking if I dont arrive until 9.30.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

fichillie wrote: »

Also Im guessing Jurys is the best place to park, does anyone know if it has plenty parking? Im driving up from the south west and dont want to be standing around like a loner for too long, yet dont want to be driving around the city looking for parking if I dont arrive until 9.30.

Park on the quays. Also arriving in dub at 9:30 means you'll prob miss the start of his set.

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote: »
    Park on the quays. Also arriving in dub at 9:30 means you'll prob miss the start of his set.

Maybe someone who is there on the Tues night can post what time he gets on stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Reaganomical

Think DM Stith is the support for this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

fichillie wrote: »

you could park at the red cow and get the luas in if you're worried about parking in town.

Only opened up my tickets for tomorrows London date and had no idea where my seats were going to be as you could not chose in the presale.

Turned out I got some of the best seats in the house. Dead centre and a few rows back. Had i the chance to pick any seats in the entire venue I would have chosen these exact ones.

Lovely stuff!!!!

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Only opened up my tickets for tomorrows London date and had no idea where my seats were going to be as you could not chose in the presale.

Turned out I got some of the best seats in the house. Dead centre and a few rows back. Had i the chance to pick any seats in the entire venue I would have chosen these exact ones.

Lovely stuff!!!!

goody goo for you.. ah na, nice one. I would be jealous but I do not want to be sitting for this show and unfortunately I am - well, thats what my ticket says. I hope the crowd in the Olympia will be up for a boogie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

People I'm not going to this, but Dame street is being restricted for the Queen's visit. Keep this in mind before going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Mushy wrote: »
    People I'm not going to this, but Dame street is being restricted for the Queen's visit. Keep this in mind before going.

Any restrictions will most likely finished by the time the doors are open for the gig, won't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Any restrictions will most likely finished by the time the doors are open for the gig, won't they?
    I believe the restrictions are 24/7 until after she leaves.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/0512/breaking5.html

The above link states the general restrictions, with specifics to be announced from today onwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I believe the restrictions are 24/7 until after she leaves.

Parking restrictions will be 24/7 alright. You're right.

Probably better to use public transport.

Well that was fun!

Some effort put into the show. Really glad I hadn't been exposed to his set up for this tour.

2 and a half hours too! Best value for money I've ever paid for a ticket.

Yiz are all in for a treat!

class. i am not going to youtube any more of his gigs as i am ruining the surprise. I am so looking forward to it. Glad you enjoyed it.

Parking restrictions will be 24/7 alright. You're right.

Probably better to use public transport.

Guess thats my mind made up, Red Cow and Luas it is.

Review of london gig in todays into - not.going.to.read.it - don't wanna spoil the fun.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

"Show of a lifetime" apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

sporina wrote: »
    Review of london gig in todays into - not.going.to.read.it - don't wanna spoil the fun.

Yeah I'm annoyed the Guardian interview included spoilers for the show, would've been great to have been surprised by it. So don't read that either.

This is going to be epic and a bit of a change from when I saw him in the Douglas Hyde Gallery a few years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Quick question - travelling up from Limerick for this and driving back down afterwards - where's the best place to park? I gather there are major restrictions in Dubland due to Lizzie's visit.

Heuston Station and Luas it?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 locombia

leakyboots:

Best bet would be to Park at Red cow roundabout nd Luas it in. Don't think there's much chance of you getting any further in your car tbh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

"Show of a lifetime" apparently.

Don't say that! Would really loved to have gone to the Olympia gigs but I'm in London at the moment. Nothing over here suited :(

Hope ye enjoy it anyway.

for parking restrictions etc, keep an eye on this link - it will be updated as the week goes on..

http://www.aaireland.ie/AA/AA-Roadwatch/Event-Guide/Visits-by-Queen-Elizabeth-II-and-President-Barack-Obama/Traffic-restrictions-for-State-Visit-of-Queen-Elizabeth-II.aspx

For those using the Luas car park, go there as early as I think it will be jammeroonies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Peckham

Just to warn people that there is a state dinner in Dublin Castle tomorrow night for the Queen, and this being directly opposite Olympia could lead to difficulty in accessing the area. Allow lots of time to get to the venue as I'm sure there'll be lots of restrictions in place (both to cars and pedestrians).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭glanman

good few tickets on toutless for those thinking of going last minute...

http://toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11334&sid=c2e70a8bfdcc5d68ca2ad3c742dceca9&start=45

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

A handful of standing for each night on Ticketmaster atm too, and two Balcony Row B seats for tonight.. Otherwise Upper Circle

why are there standing tickets on TM now? Can people return tickets to TM? When I bought my ticket there was only circle tickets left... arhhh..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

sporina wrote: »
    why are there standing tickets on TM now? Can people return tickets to TM? When I bought my ticket there was only circle tickets left... arhhh..

Tickets are typically held for VIPs/friends of the promoters/corporate stuff etc.
    If they end up going unused, they often get put on general sale

TM won't exchange your tickets either

Advertisement