Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you report road defects in Cork?

Options
  • 09-02-2011 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

I have a big issue with the new foot/bike path that was installed on the Straight road. Grand idea but what idiot did the plans for it as there are no drains to allow water run off the road, basically now when it rains all the surface water collects by the curbs and creates huge pools at certain points this pool extends out almost all the entire length of one lane.

At night you don't see this and end up aqua planing and throwing up huge amounts of water, and during the day you have to slow right down to avoid as you cant drive around it.

How simple would it have been to put in a drain, it defies logic how stupid the people who are supposed to be running this country are.

Since we now pay such huge taxes and don't get much for them, I have taken the view that if I see something that is paid for with our money that is not up to scratch then I am going to complain about it as it was our tax money that went/goes into the service. Hey nothing will ever come from it, but at least it is better than just complaining.

So does anybody know how you go about raising such an issue with the council?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Ghost Estate

Spindle wrote: »

How simple would it have been to put in a drain, it defies logic how stupid the people who are supposed to be running this country are.

Not very. Be careful what you wish for, they'll put in a drain but it will be 5-10cm above or below the surface of the road. because nobody ever showed them how to do it properly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I seen this and I was stumped TBH. There was a clown in front of me that drove right into it and soaked a poor girl out walking..:rolleyes:
    I stopped and gave her a spin home but the council a such a brain dead shower of fools. I would love to know how these engineers got their qualifications...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

<Snipped because that was not cool>

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭cork2

Ok these idiots regularly mess things up, but this time they took one of the best roads in the city and messed it up to the point that we'd have gotten better valur if they had orginally just filled the potholes every year! Theres no drains which come on lets face it is a very basic requirement, and if a car coming from Ballincollig wants to turn right for Inchagaggin and he cant nobody can move due to the fact they spent more money creating a cycle path which cyclists for some reason insist in cycling outside of. Is it just me or does Australia seem more and more tempting everyday spent in this useless excuse for a country?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

City and County Council are one big joke.Did anyone else notice the county council giving interviews etc.up at the airport after the crash.
    Thats how messed up that organisation is.
    They should have been nowhere near there.Arrrrh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Cyclists cycle outside that cycle path because it is lethal! There is rocks, rubbish, badly fitted blocked drains, poor surface finish...need I say more!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ChandlerBing

Ring City Hall and ask to speak to someone in Roads - more than likely Design section to report your concerns and ask to speak to the engineer who can deal with your complaint and give them hell. Don't let them fob you off but ask them who is or will be dealing with it, their direct phone number and email address, and ask what will be done about it - don't let them off the phone until you get somewhere!!

Then contact your local councillors on Cork City Council and tell them your concerns and ask for reparatory works to be done.

I call that bus lane on the Straight Road the phantom bus lane cos the buses running along there must be invisible - I drive it every morning and have only seen one bus so far... Don't get me started on the right turn off at Inchagaggin - at least before you could overtake on the inside, now you just sit and queue...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Dermighty wrote: »
    <Snipped because that was not cool>

Yeah, it was cool, that's why I posted it.

Advertisement