Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photowalk in Limerick anyone?

• 09-02-2011 5:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Anyone with a knoweldge of Limerick area interested in helping me organise a photowalk for Mar/April anywhere in Limerick?

Cheers,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Very interested in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

swingking wrote: »
    Very interested in this.

Hi,
    Interested in attending or helping organising?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

I'm interested in a photowalk, but don't know Limerick well enough to help organise, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I don't know Limerick that well tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Im interested in this!

• Advertisement

How about a provisional date and then try to propose a route (there's a few people that contribute to this photo forum from Limerick) and take it from there?
    Saturday, 12th of March good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭phog

dinneenp wrote: »
    How about a provisional date and then try to propose a route (there's a few people that contribute to this photo forum from Limerick) and take it from there?
    Saturday, 12th of March good?

Ok, count me in for the moment tho' Ireland play Wales at 17:00 so I want to be home for that.

I'll help organise a route but would need some advice as I've never done a group walk before. What are people interested in taking photos of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

i'll provisionally put my name down for this, depending on the start time. as long as no one minds me faffing about at the back with a load of film cams. :)

Hi,
    I posted a thread here asking for a route and have gotten a few replies.

I've asked for any more suggestions to be posted here.

Here is a summary of suggestions so far:
    • The City center is a handy short walk covering King Johns Castle - Treaty Stone and a few nice old graveyards and Churches along he way.
    • Or you could head out the Canal towards UL for some nice nature stuff.
    • The river, castle, churches are probably the best option.
    • Nicholas St., Patrick St etc. make great shots too
    • ooh if it's a saturday you definitely should start in the milk market. lots of ops there. maybe a quick look-see round cruises street, then down to the river - cross the bridge the turn right towards the castle. you can go in a circle from the castle down past the courthouse and back towards the ellen street/milk market area. that's what i'd do, then if time permitted out towards castletroy along the canal.

Provisional date is Saturday, 12th March. (Ireland are playing Wales at 5pm that day, hope that doesn't put anyone off).
    1. Is a 10:30am start too early for people?
    2. Are people happy to have a morning walk, break for lunch (any recommendations where) and then an afternoon leg?
    Maybe around the city in the morning and then maybe ' head out the Canal towards UL for some nice nature stuff' so we get a mix of photography types. I don't know anything about the canal, someone else just recommended it. Or would people prefer to stay in the city?

I'd like to have a route planned sooner rather than later so we can post to photowalk.ie and tell others about it.

Cheers,
    Pa.

If we start near the river there's free parking on Saturday, we could walk to the Milk market via William St or Cruises St, then down to the Huguenot cemetery off Michael St, over around the Hunt Museum and the potato market,, down behind city hall, up to the castle and the Bishop's house, the Toll house and Thomond, bridge, then onto the Treaty Stone and St. Munchins church. Down along the river, if time suit we could have some luch at the Curragower Bar.

We could walk wlak further out along the river to Barrington's pier, up to Kilrush Church off Nth Cir Rd, then along Westfields and back to the cars.

This walk would be about 7km, we can shorten it if needs be.

• Advertisement

phog wrote: »
    If we start near the river there's free parking on Saturday, we could walk to the Milk market via William St or Cruises St, then down to the Huguenot cemetery off Michael St, over around the Hunt Museum and the potato market,, down behind city hall, up to the castle and the Bishop's house, the Toll house and Thomond, bridge, then onto the Treaty Stone and St. Munchins church. Down along the river, if time suit we could have some luch at the Curragower Bar.

We could walk wlak further out along the river to Barrington's pier, up to Kilrush Church off Nth Cir Rd, then along Westfields and back to the cars.

This walk would be about 7km, we can shorten it if needs be.

This seems the most concerete suggestion. I'm not familiar with the places. Is everyone happy with this route or does anyone have any other suggestions or places to add onto it/take away from it?

Hi,
    For the photowalk I want to add the listing in photowalk.ie and just want to include a few photos of some of the places we'll be visiting. If anyone has any and you don't mind them being used can you contact me and send me link to the photo(s).

Below is a list of the proposed route, so any photos from any of these spots would be great.

cheers,
    Pa Dinneen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

I can try and get a few over the weekend if you want.

Thanks for all the offers. I went with the first one and pics should be up on photowalk.ie in the morning.

Link to photowalk.ie here for registering for the walk.

Please pass on to anyone you know who might be interested.
    See ye all there.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Just make sure to include an invasion of Humberklog's gallery while we're there :D

Just make sure to include an invasion of Humberklog's gallery while we're there :D

He's already offered that anyone can leave personal belongings in the gallery while we're walking. I'm sure it'll be a focal point of the market for us.

I'm having difficulty registering on photwalk :(

I hope to be able to join the walk in Limerick, I'll send a pm with my email later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

phog wrote: »
    I'm having difficulty registering on photwalk :(

I hope to be able to join the walk in Limerick, I'll send a pm with my email later.

Any joy with registering, I tried and the email link i was sent only give me a error 404 page!

Any other option?Cant find a contact on the site either?

Any joy with registering, I tried and the email link i was sent only give me a error 404 page!

Any other option?Cant find a contact on the site either?

Same here, then I used my email to request a new password but the username came as an error code so I gave up:(

• Advertisement

What's this registration business - do we have to register otherwise we can't participate?

On the top left hand corner of homepage there's link for contact.

You dint have to register but if you do it just gives an idea of how many will turn up and you can comment with a link to your photos afterwards etc.

I've asked the guy who set up and runs the site to take a look at the issue.
    Pa.

On the top left hand corner of homepage there's link for contact.

You dint have to register but if you do it just gives an idea of how many will turn up and you can comment with a link to your photos afterwards etc.

I've asked the guy who set up and runs the site to take a look at the issue.
    Pa.

In that case, I probably won't register - can't be doing with all the issues.

@ any moderator/admin- could you change the title of this thread to Limerick City Photowalk, Sat. March 12th please?

@ any moderator/admin- could you change the title of this thread to Limerick City Photowalk, Sat. March 12th please?
    Anyone?
    I'd like to change the title of the thread so that people can see that there's a walk planned and that it's not just an idea.
    Can anyone please reply to this? or should I create a new thread?

Advertisement