Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Heath Graveyard

Options
  • 09-02-2011 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi, I am wondering can anybody help me? I have started to do a family tree and I think my great great grandad has been buried in the old Heath Graveyard, the one behind the old Heath school. Would or should there be a burial plot layout on record anywhere or would anybody know where I could go about accessing this if there would be one?
    I look forward to anybody who could lend a hand at this as it is something I am so so interested in.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭PatB71

Hi zsha,
    If you want I could probably take a spin over there and have a look for his headstone if you wanted to tell me his name ..I could probably do it at the weekend.Have you been on Rootschat.com ...great website and loads of people on there with great knowledge of how to go about getting records for your family tree.Also Familysearch is another good one as well ..both free.

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zsha

Hi Pat thanks v much, I took a spin myself at the weekend an to no avail. The headstones are so old it's so hard to read them. Although we did give it our best shot!
    Yes I have used family search I find it brilliant. I will try the other one you suggested. Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

The Heath is part of the Portlaoise parish so maybe contact the Portlaoise parish office I am sure there are records somewhere.

Advertisement