Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Let there be light! (Attic to Game Room Conversion Status)

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ok I'm done. Final update, final pics, finito.

More or less finished psu solution. There's enough slack on all the wires to rearrange them any way I need them.

mlnwqr.jpg

One of the Madcatz adaptors in place, I'll mostly be using the DC through a VGA box into the lcd, so leaving a scart there as an option for incompatible games

2qusvhd.jpg

The other side. I'm still waiting on s-video adaptors, & a better RF solution (I've a multibox on the way so I can pack the rf cables away completely when that arrives)

2z7raiw.jpg

I'll have to find a storage solution for these

2s8odp4.jpg

e8vn0p.jpg

Games

ifud6x.jpg

I closed off the entrance area with a small shelving unit. Makes it safer than walking along & suddenly there's a big hole in the floor, especially when there's an 8 year old running around up there.

mkufkp.jpg

Cry havoc, & let slip the dogs of games!

jtm3gy.jpg

Signing off on the thread now, thanks lads :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well done there, fantastic!
    If I might make a suggestion about the hole in the floor, make a small set of balustrade and a railing, Wood would be the obvious choice but a metal one would be slimmer and very strong.
    But well done once again.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well done there, fantastic!
    If I might make a suggestion about the hole in the floor, make a small set of balustrade and a railing, Wood would be the obvious choice but a metal one would be slimmer and very strong.
    But well done once again.

Good thinking, I'll look at doing that & thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Noooooo, I love this thread...

We need a video :)

Tallon wrote: »
    Noooooo, I love this thread...

We need a video :)

Lol, I'll see what I can do then. There won't be any oirish talking on it though, as I despise hearing back my own voice :o The thread has naturally come to a close though, there isn't much more, if anything, I can show. As far as I'm concerned the conversion is complete...I just have to actually use it now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Very very nice, and the struts you took out in the middle, did you brace them at the sides again instead?

I forgot to ask the first time :D

Very very nice, and the struts you took out in the middle, did you brace them at the sides again instead?

I forgot to ask the first time :D

No the two I removed wern't load bearing, the two supports that run the lenght of the attic at the sides are the load bearers. The ones I removed were superflouous, I checked with a roofer before removing them. So far so good anyway, after nearly two foot of snow recently & near gale force winds last night there's no issues at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Ah right, I would have cut them about a foot down and ran a kind of collar tie to each joist, but thats just me.

Strange that they wernt load bearing but seems to be working out well for you, cudos good sir, its a job well done!

Ah right, I would have cut them about a foot down and ran a kind of collar tie to each joist, but thats just me.

Strange that they wernt load bearing but seems to be working out well for you, cudos good sir, its a job well done!

They were connected to nothing though, as the load bearers are taking the weight, there really was no point supporting them with a collar tie as they themselves were supporting nothing. Pdbhp reckons they're for support for high winds, & the roofer said they were used as a construction aid when these houses were being built. Either way there's still 2 in place. The snow was a real tester for roof integrity, & the recent winds too.

So happy days, if itwere any bigger I'd have moved into it myself :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement