Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Compatibility?

• 09-02-2011 5:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi Guys.

Recently bought an Alba 3.1 active home theatre system (AS122). I know this probably aint much good but its my first go at this sort of stuff and didnt want to spend alot of money.

Problem is i cant get it to come through the tv, I have a 32" Matsui (MAT32LW507). I dont have a dvd player to run it through and the main function i want it for is the xbox/ps3. Sorry to be ignorant about this stuff i dont even know if its possible, i had a good look around the threads and couldnt figure it out. I have both R+L speakers, centre speaker hooked up to the amp/subwoofer and have tried hooking it up in any way i could to the tv.

If anyone can tell me where im going wrong or if it isnt compatible or possible to do this id appreciate it. Or at least putting my mind to rest on this as its drivin me mad.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Tried to find a manual online for the Alba system without success so can't say much about it but TV manual was there. There are a group of RCA Phono connectors at the rear together with a headphone socket and a SUB out connector. Audio out to the Alba would go from the connectors directly above the SUB Out plug - marked with a circle with an arrow pointing out of it.

Not much to go on without knowing the Alba unit unfortunately but at least you'll know what connectors provide audio line out on the telly.

Ken

Advertisement