Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Av"ca multi seed bread - alternative to sesame seeds?

Options
  • 09-02-2011 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi everybody,

I want to make the multi seed bread from the av0ca tea time cookbook but can't get sesame seeds. Any suggestions for alternatives or could I go without? My local shops only have the sunflower, pumpkin, poppy and linseeds so no great inspirations there!

All help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You can get sesame seeds in the health food section of most supermarkets. If you can't get them - just leave them out.

I am interested as to why you chose to spell 'Avoca' incorrectly twice in your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,497 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

All Asian shops that I've been in sell sesame seeds. You get a decent size bag for not much more than €1

Must have in my household (hummus, hmmmmmm :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I've bought them in Aldi - but you can just leave them out, you're not really going to miss them. I usually make this bread with whatever is in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,497 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

olaola wrote: »
    I've bought them in Aldi

Sesame seeds, really? Haven't seen them there - must look again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

unkel wrote: »
    Sesame seeds, really? Haven't seen them there - must look again!

They're not there all the time, but their selection of seeds is defo getting better - pumpkin and stuff like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Are sesame seeds really that difficult to find? I got my current bag in either Tesco or Dunnes.

Advertisement