Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cross fire question

Options
  • 09-02-2011 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

If I was to go xfire with my 6870(club 3D) would I need the exact same card as they have a new card now and the one I have is no longer...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

no, you can even mix it with a 6850 card if you wish

lmimmfn wrote: »
    no, you can even mix it with a 6850 card if you wish

Very good...that would save me 50e that I can put towards another gfx cooler......

Is there any loss of performance going the 6850/6870 xfire route compared to 2x 6870?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

are you planning on flying to the moon? :pac:

nuxxx wrote: »
    are you planning on flying to the moon? :pac:

Another card and cooler with 2 more fans would make it 11 fans all up in the case....Dont know about flying to the moon but it would make a good hover craft:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

dwighet wrote: »
    Very good...that would save me 50e that I can put towards another gfx cooler......

Is there any loss of performance going the 6850/6870 xfire route compared to 2x 6870?
    of course there will be a hit, the 6850 is a lesser card, tbh i would suggest you selling the 6870 and buying 2 6950's and unlocking them to 6970's. You wont be able to overclock( voltage ) without loads of hassle, and it costs more however cost/benefit analysis its a hell of a better setup. Or at least replace the 6870 with a 6950 and unlock it.

Advertisement