Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 2011 plans, what's up with south dublin?

• 09-02-2011 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

Looking at the UPC 2011 plans map, http://www.upc.ie/media/2011/1/13/2011BuildPlanV13.png, there seems to be a huge hole in south dublin. They're doing all of Bray this year but from Carysfort to Cornelcourt there's a big white zone. What gives?

Also, if I'm outside of a black circled area is there any hope ever?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jaws104

It's very odd, i'm in Monkstown and can broadband & tv but no phone, which is a deal-breaker. Nangor West? never even heard of it but they have full service, and yet Foxrock hasn't:confused: I'm guessing it's probably to do with existing infrastructure

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭carm

I can't get UPC broadband or phone in Dublin 16, about 8 minutes drive from where Craig Doyle is from --- and he's advertising the bloody thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

jaws104 wrote: »
    It's very odd, i'm in Monkstown and can broadband & tv but no phone, which is a deal-breaker. Nangor West? never even heard of it but they have full service, and yet Foxrock hasn't:confused: I'm guessing it's probably to do with existing infrastructure

Nangor West is part of Clondalkin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

carm wrote: »
    I can't get UPC broadband or phone in Dublin 16, about 8 minutes drive from where Craig Doyle is from --- and he's advertising the bloody thing!

ha ha ya reckon craig doyle can get UPC in his gaff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭surf board

carm wrote: »

I know it is available in Woodpark, Dublin 16! It may be dependant on if your estate is fully cabled & upgraded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭surf board

If you look at Sandyford Ind Est, it looks like parts of it are due to be upgraded, however we can get all of UPC's services already. Is it just new underground cabling? Maybe its the same in other areas such as parts of Ballinteer etc. We're lucky enough that our apt has fibre throughout, so Magnet is available, however I don't think I'd like their tv service ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,058 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Available in Cabinteely, no probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭maclek

listermint wrote: »
    Available in Cabinteely, no probs.

Are you located in one of the green areas on the map or outside in a white area?

Advertisement