Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentines resturant in Limerick

• 09-02-2011 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows a decent resturant in town for valentines night. I've no particular style resturant in mind but somehwere nice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    UTS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Every restaurant will be the same in terms of lovey dovey couples

Have a look at this thread which gives a good selection to choose from:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055507096

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭seen2Bgreen

Youre mad going out for a meal on Valentine's night. Romantic etc sure, but fairly costly and remember they'll be rushing you out to get the next booking in.
    We've started cooking special meals at home, lighting the candles, bottle of wine etc. Throw on a bit of Barry White for the background! Sounds corny but the ladies love it. No cab home and straight up the stairs..... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

If I was going out I'd probly go to The Cornstore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Youre mad going out for a meal on Valentine's night. Romantic etc sure, but fairly costly and remember they'll be rushing you out to get the next booking in.
    We've started cooking special meals at home, lighting the candles, bottle of wine etc. Throw on a bit of Barry White for the background! Sounds corny but the ladies love it. No cab home and straight up the stairs..... :)

Remember you will tend to eat more in candle lit conditions, so cook less if you plan some action ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nice to see good old fashioned romance hasn't died. At least give her time to digest her food... :D

Azur used to be nice when they were on O'Connell St. No idea what there are like since moving down next to the Locke Bar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

pizza hut is great :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

O'Connels (The Old Quater) on Ellen St. seem to have good deals, from what I remember seeing when I was in there last.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cmurph

i know its not the city but i got a flyer in the door today for the carriagehouse in adare manor

special valentines menu starting at €25.95

booking at 061 396566

ive not eaten there in ages but have heard great things of the carraigehouse .....and the setting is lovely too

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭up them Schteps

I know it's a crazy night to go out but I have no say :p thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

The Royal Dorbar is a must.

Went there last year for valentines day and they had a valentines day special, I think it was about 25 euro pp. AND even if you don't like anything on the set menu you can still order off the regular menu.

My partner and I went there relatively early in the day and there was a couple with two noisy children (exactly what you need on a day of love :D). However the waiter seated us at a table that was secluded by itself, it was perfect, lovely atmosphere. The waiters couldn't be more helpful and at the end of the dinner they gave us after dinner mints and gave me a rose.

What more could you ask for!! :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement