Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something To Do At 6am In City Centre

Options
  • 09-02-2011 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Alright,

Have to travel to Dublin for an interview with the Embassy. Thing is, the interview is at 8.30am and the only time I can get to Dublin would be at 6am. Hence, I have 2 hours to kill.

I'll be getting off around the O' Connell Street area, just wondering is there anywhere that I could hang out in for an hour or two in order to kill the time? E.g. Coffee shops, bus station, anywhere really...

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

mc donalds at the liffey end of o connell street is 24hr. thats all i can really think of
    the earl bakery on north earl street opens at 7, they do breakfast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Take photos!!

Sorry, I am not au fait with the place open at those hours but nonetheless walk up and down the Liffey, Dublin Castle, etc and just take photos! A friend of mine from abroad was taking pictures of what intrigued him about Dublin. Fascinating results. Also, who else is taking photos at that time of the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Sit in a cafe and read some newspapers / magazines. Do you have a laptop? Most cafes offer free wifi, good way to kill time.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭FensterDJ

there's a couple of 24 hour internet cafes too, one next to the ha'penny bridge on the south quays for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

McDonald's would be open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Star Internet cafe on Talbot Street is open 24 hours. €1 per hour. Get yourself a coffee in there too for an hour. Then a fryup in the Kylemore at 7 with a newspaper. Or you could go to an early house and have some dutch courage.

Advertisement