Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lan connection through router?

Options
  • 09-02-2011 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭

let me explain

this computer im on now is connected to the wireless router with a cable

the pc downstairs is connected to the same router wirelessly

can i access the pc downstairs from this pc through the router since both are connected to the same router?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Yes.

What do you want to do? if its simply share files, enable file and printer sharing, right click on the folder and set it to share. The other pc will then see the folders on the network when its mapped in my computer.
    You could also remote desktop, where You connect and control the other pc from yours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Yes.

What do you want to do? if its simply share files, enable file and printer sharing, right click on the folder and set it to share. The other pc will then see the folders on the network when its mapped in my computer.
    You could also remote desktop, where You connect and control the other pc from yours

yeah thats exactly what i want to do....cheers man

Advertisement