Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Custom gaming PC's

• 09-02-2011 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking for a site that sells gaming pc's, I want to play new releases that are pretty grapic intensive. I wouldn't even attempt to build my own, as I'm sure I'd mess it up. I came across this site is it any good, are there better ones out there?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Xenzo

Check out these guys my friend got a custom pc from them

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Casillas wrote: »
    Hi,
    I wouldn't even attempt to build my own, as I'm sure I'd mess it up. I came

Its not as hard as you think and is quiet satisfying building your own rig!Plus theres an active forum here that would help you pick and it build it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842

Having said that overclockers.co.uk has a good reputation too

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    Its not as hard as you think and is quiet satisfying building your own rig!Plus theres an active forum here that would help you pick and it build it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842

Having said that overclockers.co.uk has a good reputation too

Building my own rig certainly seems like the cost effective method, but there's so much variety, it's quite daunting knowing where to start!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Casillas wrote: »
    Building my own rig certainly seems like the cost effective method, but there's so much variety, it's quite daunting knowing where to start!

Put a max budget and requirements in a post on the B&U section, we'll be glad to help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

just to add on venomireland's post, do that, you will get tons of help, and depending on your location, you will easily find someone willing to call round to you, and help you build it if it seems that scary to you.

throw them €50, and your still saving a TON compared to buying pre built machines.

plus, you get to see how it all goes together and find out how it works rather than just unpacking a box and pressing a button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 martymol09

Hi I am wondering would it be better to build a desktop from scratch or buy one ready made? I have a laptop and a desktop already which are fine for browsing emails etc but i want one to hook up to my tv for streaming, poker and a few games. I have checked a few websites and prices look good for building. I have a little bit of experience ie socket types and the like but I am a bit nervous about it. Any help would be brilliant. Thank You..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

As mentioned above you'd be better posting in the Building and Upgrading section

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,311 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

the B&U forum is the way to go. Theres only a couple tricks to building a good PC that will run well from the first power-on to the last. Once you've selected the right parts it's really straightforward, and rewarding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Xenzo wrote: »
    Check out these guys my friend got a custom pc from them

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/

I built my own with parts bought from them. They have a great delivery time (around 2 days) and dirt cheap postage. The delivery on pretty much everything for a new build (including a 10kg case!) was under €70.

Only problems ive had have been with individual parts. First my SSD died after 6 hours (OCZ Vertex 3.5 BIGFOOT 120gb), free replacement then (last week) my corsair TX750 PSU died.....seeing as it was over 30 days purchase I had to fork out €48 to ship it too the netherlands for a "free" replacement. Just something to consider, if you dont buy a built PC anything that goes wrong is on your own head to replace (or pay shipping for if its still under warranty).

Advertisement