Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due an Upgrade - Which phone should I buy?

Options
  • 09-02-2011 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Due an upgrade with 3 for an 18 month contract. 2 questions:
    1. Should I go for apple or android?
    2. iphone 3, Samsung Galaxy S or HTC Desire HD, which is best phone in your opinion and why?

My usage is mainly social calls and texts, camera, and a bit of fun with a a decent range of fun and useful apps.

I know its a question of opinion but I want to get a feel for what people think before I buy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Galaxy or desire hd outta that list. Android is getting better and better

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

iPhone4 is excellent, i'm using one, don't go for the 3GS the reception is terrible in comparison and so is the battery.
    There in pretty short supply so it might be a couple of weeks before you can get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Baron_Kunkel

Is the iphone 4 worth the extra cash? Its over twice the price of the galaxy or htc on the price plans available from 3.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

If I had my way if I didnt ever own an iphone I would certainly suggest the samsung galxy s out of that list. Personally I love the Iphone but I'm an apple fanatic so that would explain why, if your strapped for cash then go galaxy s there are some great deals on that at the moment. I love the galaxy s but I do the Iphone because I have one. Htc HD I wouldnt be too gone on that poor battery life due to the power from the screen. My 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

Due an upgrade with 3 for an 18 month contract. 2 questions:
    1. Should I go for apple or android?
    2. iphone 3, Samsung Galaxy S or HTC Desire HD, which is best phone in your opinion and why?

My usage is mainly social calls and texts, camera, and a bit of fun with a a decent range of fun and useful apps.

I know its a question of opinion but I want to get a feel for what people think before I buy.

Can I jump in here? Am also due an upgrade and am liking HTC Desire (HD / not) however rumour (man in phone shop) has it that HTC are bringing out a new phone that will make Desire models less desirable........ anyone any info / thoughts? is this likely to happen anytime soon? should I wait a month or so?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

tbh id hold of. Alot of new goodies to be announced and to be released in the coming months.

MWC is due soon. Alot of new stuff to be announced there

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

Thanks.
    I think I will wait it out a bit, my "old" phone is still up to the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Baron_Kunkel

Advertisement