Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just picked up my even more dirty duvet from launderette....

Options
  • 09-02-2011 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭

Left in a duvet yesterday to a launderette. My puppy got up on the bed and made a wee on it so there was obvious yellow stain in middle of it. quoted over the phone beforehand would be €10 to wash..good stuff..arrived down with duvet yesterday evening and even saw him put duvet in washing machine!
    came back this eve..only about an hour (5.15pm) ago to pick it up. lights were off in shop and he said i just caught him before he closed up, tho says on door open til 6. he pulled out duvet and told me to run out to car and open back door and he'll put it in for me..so i did. got home and opened out duvet on the bed to see if stain had come out. all around edge of it is filthy black...like it had been dragged about the floor. where the stain was is still wet..it even left a wet spot on the duvet cover i had placed it on and the rest of it is bone dry. ok the yellowy stain is kinda gone but the duvet still smells of wee and the rest of it definately does not smell like it was washed in a machine. i reckon he just wiped it with a wet cloth...could have done that myself!!
    the duvet is relatively new and was cleaner going into him. no point in ringing now as i know hes shut up shop but il be down there first thing in morning. just want to check im entitled to a full refund amn't i? before i go down ll guns blazing!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

he probably saw the wee stain and just poured bleach over it and left it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

A duvet is probably one of the easiest items for a launderer/dry cleaner to handle. Just tell him to cut out the messing and wash it properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

I would just tell people that he is a messer and to go elsewehere..

Advertisement