Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A few Sky + Q's

• 09-02-2011 7:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

Im due to get sky+ installed but the website has almost no detail about how this is done so I was hoping maybe someone here could answer my questions.

Do they have to drill through your walls or is it wirless?

how long does it usually take?

Does the phone need to be in the same room?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭John mac

1, yes a drill is used. (2cables are brought from the dish to sky box)

2, i'm not an installer but should be less than an hour if its very straight forward job.
    (dish on wall where connection is made, not working above 4M etc.. )

3, no but a connection will have to be made (for setup) you dont need it unless you are getting multiroom , Technically it is not required at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

thanks alot! Is it a very messy job.? I just want to be prepared if there's going to be alot of dust and dirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭fj1200

Not messy at all. Two holes will be drilled through the wall close to/behind your tv. Very little dust. And the guy that set it up for me had a long extension cable to reach the nearest phone socket. Even left the cable with me in case I needed it in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Thanks! Can you start watching straight away?

yes,

HAve you got your viewing card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Can I ask a related question pls. 2 story house. tv in front downstairs living room.

Dish would be going on the back of house (south facing) Are they more likely to run cable into kitchen and then into living room (going through 2 walls) or would they run it up to the attic and drop in down through hotpress and into storage cupboard beneath hp and then into living room.

Not sure I would like it crossing the kitchen, would I have a choice.

run outside from dish to where the tv is. then a hold drilled at low level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭danois

Can i jump in here and ask a question::

is it possible to have 4 sky+ boxes in the one house?
    Would they all have to be connected to a phoneline for multiroom?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Muttly

4 plus boxes are possible on 1 dish but all should be connected to phone lines. You run the risk of sky charging you 4 full subscriptions if you don't have them hooked up and they send out a call back.

Thanks for that only have one phone socket and its not in any of the rooms i want the sky box so might have to give up on multi room

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Muttly

Youi can get phone signal senders if you really want multiroom.

Where would I get signal senders from and are they expensive?? thanks again for your help

danois wrote: »
    Where would I get signal senders from and are they expensive?? thanks again for your help

try here
    O'Leary Expert Electrical
    14 Plunkett St, Killarney, Co. Kerry, Ireland

Advertisement