Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motocross Queries

• 09-02-2011 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Is there anywhere I can take my motocross bike to ride in Dublin??
    (Preferably without paying anybody)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭kildareman09

not unless you can find some private land and ask the owner if you would be able to use it the tracks arent that dear

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jamesalicious

I heard people saying there are tracks in the dublin mountains but are thet safe?

there isnt a official track there but there could be a location where a few people go jus up a trail or something

thanks kildareman, unofficial would be more suitable as I am an ABSOLUTE novice. Need somewhere to learn the basics.

what bike have ya got

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

thanks kildareman, unofficial would be more suitable as I am an ABSOLUTE novice. Need somewhere to learn the basics.

If you don't know what you are doing an official site would be better. They can point any errors you have and if something bad happens they'd be able to deal with it or contact the emergency services if necessary.

Thanks for all your feedback! I will look at tracks in my vicinity, I have a honda cr 250 (2 stroke) Have all protective gear so should be safe enough hopefully:eek:....... Just was wondering about motocross boots, does high price mean more protection??

cr are nice bike alright no need to get the real dear boots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭TonyFella

Few lads are always behind the Oldmill pub near Ballycullen, Also up on the left of cheerywood turn off lots of space up the to learn. Iv a mate with land in carlow with our own track your more then welcome to come up one day. When i was 19 i had a cr250 what a bike loved it very quick for your first bike. Use very good 2stroke oil ;)

wow thanks didnt know people on this were proper sound! haha:D...........
    I will hold you to that tonyfella;) anyways I have the bike bought and most of the gear.
    Its just I cant decide what motocross boots to get?? The last thing I want is a broken ankle as I am still recovering from a prior motocross injury!
    (You can call me jimmy four fingers)

Is there a specific brand known for safety?? and does paying 300 euro mean maximum protection??

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 muller25

yeah i have been getting mix feedback on this too would like to know!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Is there a specific brand known for safety?? and does paying 300 euro mean maximum protection??
    muller25 wrote: »
    yeah i have been getting mix feedback on this too would like to know!!!!

Spend what you can afford. Manic Motocross in Carlow had very good boots for €120 a while ago. Buy a brand you recognise - AXO, Oxtar/TCX, Sidi and Dainese all make very good motocross boots. I'd buy them from ebay or keep an eye to Adverts.ie - thats where I bought mine. The more you spend, the more comfort, waterproofness (yes, its a word - I checked) and security. You don't want a boot that cuts off all the blood from your toes or prevents you operating your rear brake because it won't flex.

'cptr

got boots and helmet off dirtbike express, bought carey heart six six one flight boots for 130 pounds sterling. Delighted with them! Thanks for all ur tips and comments!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Leinsterby

come to the curragh

Advertisement