Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

90mm f2.8 lens bokeh- no such thing as a stupid question...but

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

FoxT wrote: »
    I'd feel much better,but would learn less. I post here to learn, I post in the pervy forums to feel good. 2 different things, entirely!

Honestly, One of the main reasons I participate here is to learn. Not necessarily by learning from what others have to say, but learning from having to more closely examine my own understanding of things and having to express it in an intelligible and coherent way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

You just seem to over complicate the straight forward at times Char

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

And, finally... this was the colt I had in mind...

Clipboard01.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

Nice bokeh with no circles:

5436884339_83dc072116.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

charybdis wrote: »
    OK.

I did say "heavily", although I do think their effect is greatly overstated.

Comparing entirely different lenses that happen to have different numbers of blades in their aperture diaphragm then declaring any differences between them are due to the number of blades isn't exactly a rigourous test. Do you think that two lenses of the exact same composition apart from having different amounts of aperture blades would look drastically different?

Drastically no, noticeably yes.
    Why did they stop a 9 blades when making the STF 135mm? Many lenses have more than 9 blades, so surely a lens designed explicitly for "superior bokeh" would have more, given that it's such an important factor?

Law of diminishing returns i would imagine. Turn that question around - why not just
    three blades?

From a rather dense Zeiss technical paper on bokeh, this comment was made"
    In summary we can say that the shape of
    the iris can become visible in the picture
    either obviously as a decorative feature or
    as a disturbing artefact and that it can betray
    interesting facts about the lens to us.
    However, the iris can remain totally invisible
    in many pictures. Yes, and if we use a lens
    with the aperture fully open, it can of course
    play no role at all.

Nevertheless or perhaps in just such a case
    there can be major differences in the bokeh.

http://www.zeiss.com/C12567A8003B8B6F/EmbedTitelIntern/CLN_35_Bokeh_EN/$File/CLN35_Bokeh_en.pdf
    Also, the people commenting on the "superior bokeh" of the lenses with more rounded aperture diaphragms probably also subscribe to the idea that the determinant in what makes "good bokeh" is the shape of out-of-focus points of light.
    In my case, I do not principally consider out of focus highlights.

In the other recent thread about the top 6 portrait lenses, I note that two have 8 blades, 2 have nine, two I could find no spec for and the also mentioned sigma has 9.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Drastically no, noticeably yes.

I would say it is unnoticeable in all but very few circumstances.
    Law of diminishing returns i would imagine. Turn that question around - why not just
    three blades?

I'm not saying there isn't reason to use more aperture blades, but one would think that - assuming the lens was designed for bokeh superiority and that the number of aperture blades is an important factor - they would've designed it with more. There's a Pentacon 135mm f/2.8 lens that has 19 aperture blades, for example. Why would they put so much effort into building a lens for this expressed purpose, only to fall short on the number of blades?
    From a rather dense Zeiss technical paper on bokeh, this comment was made"

From the exact same paper:
    Zeiss wrote:
    Sometimes the phenomenon of the individual
    iris images is equated with “bokeh’; under this
    heading one finds collections of pictures in
    which iris images are mixed with photos of
    soap bubbles. But this is not what is meant by
    “bokeh”. In the iris image the lens is reading
    the cards to a certain extent but what
    significance has all this for the reproduction of
    image areas in which there are no highlight
    areas?

In the following examples of photos we will see
    that one should not over-estimate the
    significance of the shape of the iris
    In my case, I do not principally consider out of focus highlights.

Fair enough, but you can't speak for the other people's statements you're using to support your argument.
    In the other recent thread about the top 6 portrait lenses, I note that two have 8 blades, 2 have nine, two I could find no spec for and the also mentioned sigma has 9.

That's probably true, but I don't know what it proves. As I said earlier in the thread, all the lenses designed by Zeiss (the people whose whitepaper you just quoted) for Hasselblad have five-bladed aperture diaphragms.

That's probably true, but I don't know what it proves. As I said earlier in the thread, all the lenses designed by Zeiss (the people whose whitepaper you just quoted) for Hasselblad have five-bladed aperture diaphragms.

It proves that the lenses I could find the data for all have closer to 9 plades than 5.

The Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 Planar T* was one of the ones with 9 aperture blades. You were saying? :rolleyes:

It proves that the lenses I could find the data for all have closer to 9 plades than 5.

That is true, but I still don't know what you think it proves.
    The Zeiss 85mm f/1.4 Planar T* was one of the ones with 9 aperture blades. You were saying? :rolleyes:

I said:
    the lenses designed by Zeiss for Hasselblad have five-bladed aperture diaphragms.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Promac wrote: »
    Nice bokeh with no circles:

5436884339_83dc072116.jpg

Now I'd have that that's good control of DOF but not Bokeh. Am I way off?

• Advertisement

I agree - my (improved ) understanding of bokeh is that it is the rendition of out-of-focus highlights, and I don't see any in this pic.

I agree - my (improved ) understanding of bokeh is that it is the rendition of out-of-focus highlights, and I don't see any in this pic.

Careful now, it's a flipping minefield out here.

I wasn't going to comment, but since you asked (before you edited your post):
    humberklog wrote: »
    Now I'd have that that's good control of DOF but not Bokeh. Am I way off?

I'm not really sure it evidences good control of depth-of-field. It's certainly shallow depth-of-field, although I don't think there's really much evidence of control other than making it as shallow as possible for that composition.

The bokeh is fairly neutral, but you can see a slight edge to some it that may become bothersome in certain circumstances if you want to be really anal.

The ironic thing is that I'm not fighting this these points because I think bokeh is very important, but because I think it isn't (or at least that its importance is greatly overstated and that the term is misused to the point that it could be considered harmful).

I wasn't going to comment, but since you asked (before you edited your post):

I'm not really sure it evidences good control of depth-of-field. It's certainly shallow depth-of-field, although I don't think there's really much evidence of control other than making it as shallow as possible for that composition.

The ironic thing is that I'm not fighting this these points because I think bokeh is very important, but because I think it isn't (or at least that its importance is greatly overstated and that the term is misused to the point that it could be considered harmful).

Yeah good point but from my side of ignorance I'm always a bit impressed when someone does that really shallow stuff as I can't (never bother) to.

"Harmful"? How so? (Not a pedantic question but just a very curious one as I too hope to reach the dizzy heights of knowledge like FoxT and at some point become "improved" in my understanding).

That is true, but I still don't know what you think it proves.

I'm not surprised.

I was mostly posting to see if you absolutely, positively, with no exceptions, always had to get the last word in. You passed.

Yeah good point but from my side of ignorance I'm always a bit impressed when someone does that really shallow stuff as I can't (never bother) to.

It's very easy. Focus on something quite close to the camera against a more distant background (preferably with purty lights and whatnot). Large apertures and longer focal lengths help, too.
    "Harmful"? How so? (Not a pedantic question but just a very curious one as I too hope to reach the dizzy heights of knowledge like FoxT and at some point become "improved" in my understanding).

It just seems like a lot of people are caught up with the idea that shallow depth-of-field automatically makes a photograph good and they use (or subscribe to) the nebulous misconceptions of "bokeh" to try to lend legitimacy to the practise.

Don't get me wrong, I think there is a time & place for shallow depth-of-field, but nifty-fifty aperture-priority insta-art has really begun to grate on me.

I think it's a very useful thing to do when learning about photography, it just seems like people get stuck in that phase and it ends up making what could've been a good photographer (or photograph) worse due to their compulsion to have as shallow a depth-of-field as possible.

That said, I don't really think it's fair to constantly be critical of others' photographs, particularly if they're happy with them, but I do think criticising the misuse of certain terms and better explaining them can be instructive.
    I was mostly posting to see if you absolutely, positively, with no exceptions, always had to get the last word in.

Me too.

You passed.

Wait.

Crap.

(Also, does this mean you were saying silly things on purpose?)

• Advertisement

It's very easy. Focus on something quite close to the camera against a more distant background (preferably with purty lights and whatnot). Large apertures and longer focal lengths help, too.

It just seems like a lot of people are caught up with the idea that shallow depth-of-field automatically makes a photograph good and they use (or subscribe to) the nebulous misconceptions of "bokeh" to try to lend legitimacy to the practise.

Don't get me wrong, I think there is a time & place for shallow depth-of-field, but nifty-fifty aperture-priority insta-art has really begun to grate on me.

I think it's a very useful thing to do when learning about photography, it just seems like people get stuck in that phase and it ends up making what could've been a good photographer (or photograph) worse due to their compulsion to have as shallow a depth-of-field as possible.

That said, I don't really think it's fair to constantly be critical of others' photographs, particularly if they're happy with them, but I do think criticising the misuse of certain terms and better explaining them can be instructive.

Thanks for the tip on DOF but it's just not my thing.

Cracking answer for the rest as well too.

Oh and completely off topic (but the threads kinda rolling like that)...are you a boy or a girl?

I think shallow DOF has its place, but I dont go running around looking for 'Bokeh'....So just went & shot these a few mins ago..

IMG_1127.JPG

I think the reflections off the keys in the background is bokeh. It is an OOF highlight. Lots of other areas in the pic are oof , but they are not highlights.

In this one, I would regard the oof highlight on the bottle as Bokeh:

IMG_1129.JPG

Am I on the right track with this? Or, is the entire oof areas on each pic 'Bokeh' ?

It occurred to me while I was shooting them that the no. of iris blades was completely unimportant - as shot wide open.

I think the reflections off the keys in the background is bokeh. It is an OOF highlight. Lots of other areas in the pic are oof , but they are not highlights.

Bokeh's not about Thinking it's Bokeh but doing it with Bokeh, no?

It's moving in parrallels of consideration and empathy with both the fore and background, no?

drift front
    fore to bubblicious
    and to front

I'm going Haiku
    For le****su
    moo moo.

Thanks for the tip on DOF but it's just not my thing.

Cracking answer for the rest as well too.

Oh and completely off topic (but the threads kinda rolling like that)...are you a boy or a girl?

I'm male (although I can understand why you'd think otherwise, given my mythological namesake).
    I think shallow DOF has its place, but I dont go running around looking for 'Bokeh'....So just went & shot these a few mins ago..

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_QUZCzGXHyzw/TVhq9U9ncWI/AAAAAAAAMqo/ucfLOfpibIg/s400/IMG_1127.JPG

In this one, I would regard the oof highlight on the bottle as Bokeh:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_QUZCzGXHyzw/TVhrJ-15qdI/AAAAAAAAMqs/90ONoKs94rY/s400/IMG_1129.JPG

Am I on the right track with this? Or, is the entire oof areas on each pic 'Bokeh' ?

It occurred to me while I was shooting them that the no. of iris blades was completely unimportant - as shot wide open.

I don't really think you're on the right track.

The out-of-focus highlights aren't bokeh, they're out-of-focus highlights.

It might help if you think of the term "bokeh" in a similar way to how you'd think of the term "colour rendition" (I'm not saying that they're directly related, just that the terms are used similarly). Lenses render colours differently: colour rendition is a characteristic of lens design. In the same way, lenses render out-of-focus areas of an image differently: rendering of out-of-focus areas is a characteristic of lens design.

You could kinda point to a specific portion of an image and say "that's colour rendition", and you wouldn't be entirely incorrect, but it would be a strange way to use the term and isn't really a meaningful statement.

In the same way, pointing to a specific portion of an image and saying "that's rendition of and out-of-focus area", or "that's bokeh", wouldn't be considered entirely incorrect, but it would be a similarly strange thing to say.

Bokeh is a property of a lens, not of an image.
    drift front
    fore to bubblicious
    and to front

I'm going Haiku
    For le****su
    moo moo.

Bokeh is something
    You probably should ignore
    And focus elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

2670379829_5acc821b78_z.jpg

bokeh, not the most beautiful, but clearly defined...

imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

bokeh, not the most beautiful, but clearly defined...

imo

A response planned, but
    'melekalikimaka'
    takes up all the space

Bokeh is just the quality of the out of focus area in a shot. Is it out of focus, and does it look nice? If yes - nice bokeh. If no - not nice bokeh. It's well enough defined at this stage and the definition is hardly a subjective thing - sure, deciding if a specific shot has good or bad bokeh is subjective but the definition of bokeh itself isn't.

Wikipedia explains it best (as usual):
    Bokeh is often most visible around small background highlights, such as specular reflections and light sources, which is why it is often associated with such areas.However, bokeh is not limited to highlights; blur occurs in all out-of-focus regions of the image.

(Also, does this mean you were saying silly things on purpose?)

At the end there, yes. I ceased being bothered enough to waste time countering casuistry.

For instance, you said:
    There's a Pentacon 135mm f/2.8 lens that has 19 aperture blades, for example. Why would they put so much effort into building a lens for this expressed purpose, only to fall short on the number of blades?
    In answer to my reply where I mentioned 'the law of diminishing returns'. My answer to your question would have been the same as that I had already given.

As for Zeiss. I couldn't be bothered with the long answer, but it would have had something to do with when did Zeiss design lenses for Hasselblads, when did the Japanese concept of Bokeh become more widely known in the west, and why do Zeiss now design a lens with 9 blades instead of 5?

Engineers tend not to put 9 wheels on cars when four will do, It would add unnecessary complication and cost. Engineers who design lenses would be no different.

You asked what the fact so many highly regarded lenses having high blade counts proves? Nothing except the self evident fact they don't have 5. One could wonder why that is though. Since you have been so keen to point out a lens can have 5 blades, we know there is unlikely to be a mechanical reason why all those mentioned have nearly double that number. Therefore, logically, given what we know about engineers, there is likely to be some other good reason. I'll make a wild unprovable guess that it might be related to optical performance.

You believe what you want to, and I shall do likewise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

5444436789_2dee61be92_o.gif

I don't see any Bokeh in the image above...

Engineers tend not to put 9 wheels on cars when four will do, It would add unnecessary complication and cost. Engineers who design lenses would be no different.

You are absolutely correct here - unfortunately, engineers have to do what Product Managers tell them to do!! I suspect that in many cases 7,8,9....19 blades are designed in for marketing purposes - ie 'this lens has 9 blades so therefore is better than the 5-bladed one'

This kind of thing happens all the time....

On cars, the trend is for alloy wheels with wide, low-profile tyres. This is not, in general, an optimal solution from an engineering or a cost point of view.

On compact cameras, you have all kinds of features that many people will never use (gimmicky in-camera editing functions etc) - and some features that are positively unhelpful (digital zoom), and some that are sub-optimal (pixel density too high, at the expense of high ISO performance ) for marketing purposes.

-FoxT

I fully agree, however... :D, one of my 9 bladed Zuikos was made in 1984. I certainly never came across any reference to bokeh until the late 90's and none of the marketing gumpff I have from the period makes any reference to blade count. The only reference was in the technical specs for lenses.

Maybe it was a very subtle understated Japanese thing where it was included for those in the know or they kept such references to the Japanese market literature and not the external market stuff because they thought it wouldn't be understood?

I haven't been shopping for lenses for a while, is it common for blade count to be touted in the marketing blurb these days?

Blade count is not a headline feature, but it is not a 'small print' issue either. Lens reviewers mention it quite a bit, even going so far as to state whether the blades are rounded or not.

I did a good bit of photography in the 80's then went on an extended break...back then , I'd never heard of it. But the web has lots of references to it now. I have no idea when it emerged or where it came from, or why a Japanese word is used, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

I think Bokeh refers to the quality of the out of focus areas in the photo, not the extent of the DOF nor any compositional element of the photo.

From an optical point of view, focal length, aperture, diaphragm shape and even sensor size will all play their part on the final Bokeh quality. While most people will agree on specific cases of good and bad bokeh, it's still highly subjective and you can't really measure it.

Bokeh is most obvious where there are highly contrasting points of light in the background of a shallow DOF image. Here is an example of good bokeh (some might even call this "odd" bokeh, and the lens used is somewhat of Bokeh lover's staple):

2080180373_9ef3483ac9.jpg
    anniina by Samuli Ikäheimo, on Flickr

Unusually wide apertures can also lead to very obvious Bokeh:

1203213253_81da774d14.jpg
    bubbling over by moaan, on Flickr

• Advertisement

I haven't been shopping for lenses for a while, is it common for blade count to be touted in the marketing blurb these days?

In the reviews about lenses yeah, certainly. More blades gives a more rounded appearance to the highlights in out of focus areas. 5 blades = pentagons while 9 blades (especially curved) = nice smooth circles like in mloc's examples.

Bokeh is just the quality of the out of focus area in a shot. Is it out of focus, and does it look nice? If yes - nice bokeh. If no - not nice bokeh. It's well enough defined at this stage and the definition is hardly a subjective thing - sure, deciding if a specific shot has good or bad bokeh is subjective but the definition of bokeh itself isn't.

Wikipedia explains it best (as usual):

Wikipedia
    is great but not prescriptive.
    Context is needed.

And, your description
    Is at odds with the one in
    Wikipedia.
    At the end there, yes. I ceased being bothered enough to waste time countering casuistry.

Fails to make a point,
    tries to claim he was trolling
    because he is mad.
    For instance, you said: In answer to my reply where I mentioned 'the law of diminishing returns'. My answer to your question would have been the same as that I had already given.

I do not think the
    diminishing returns law
    applies in this case.

It doesn't explain
    the Minolta STF
    having so few blades

when you consider
    that it was over-designed
    for bokeh bestness.

Surely such a lens
    over-designed to this end
    wouldn't skimp on blades.

Unless, the effect,
    is greatly overstated,
    of diaphragm shape.

The aperture blades'
    strong influence on bokeh
    is not established.

Nobody has shown
    bokeh and aperture blades
    are associated.
    As for Zeiss. I couldn't be bothered with the long answer, but it would have had something to do with when did Zeiss design lenses for Hasselblads, when did the Japanese concept of Bokeh become more widely known in the west, and why do Zeiss now design a lens with 9 blades instead of 5?

You asked what the fact so many highly regarded lenses having high blade counts proves? Nothing except the self evident fact they don't have 5. One could wonder why that is though. Since you have been so keen to point out a lens can have 5 blades, we know there is unlikely to be a mechanical reason why all those mentioned have nearly double that number. Therefore, logically, given what we know about engineers, there is likely to be some other good reason. I'll make a wild unprovable guess that it might be related to optical performance.

Many old lenses
    contain more aperture blades
    than any of those.

Many old lenses
    contain less aperture blades
    than any of those.

Have you considered
    the reason for lots of blades
    isn't for bokeh?
    You believe what you want to, and I shall do likewise.

Subjectivity
    in reality along
    with it in bokeh?
    jpb1974 wrote: »
    5444436789_2dee61be92_o.gif

I'm not sure what it
    is that you're referring to.
    "Beating a dead horse."

Anyway, I think
    "Tilting against the windmill"
    is appropriate.
    You are absolutely correct here - unfortunately, engineers have to do what Product Managers tell them to do!! I suspect that in many cases 7,8,9....19 blades are designed in for marketing purposes - ie 'this lens has 9 blades so therefore is better than the 5-bladed one'

This kind of thing happens all the time....

On cars, the trend is for alloy wheels with wide, low-profile tyres. This is not, in general, an optimal solution from an engineering or a cost point of view.

On compact cameras, you have all kinds of features that many people will never use (gimmicky in-camera editing functions etc) - and some features that are positively unhelpful (digital zoom), and some that are sub-optimal (pixel density too high, at the expense of high ISO performance ) for marketing purposes.

-FoxT

It so happens that
    features are determined by
    what will sell better.

If enough people
    think more blades means more bokeh
    they'll be catered to.
    I fully agree, however... :D, one of my 9 bladed Zuikos was made in 1984. I certainly never came across any reference to bokeh until the late 90's and none of the marketing gumpff I have from the period makes any reference to blade count. The only reference was in the technical specs for lenses.

Maybe it was a very subtle understated Japanese thing where it was included for those in the know or they kept such references to the Japanese market literature and not the external market stuff because they thought it wouldn't be understood?

It's almost as if
    number of blades and bokeh
    are unrelated.

Many non-Japan
    lens manufacturers made
    lenses with more blades.
    Blade count is not a headline feature, but it is not a 'small print' issue either. Lens reviewers mention it quite a bit, even going so far as to state whether the blades are rounded or not.

I did a good bit of photography in the 80's then went on an extended break...back then , I'd never heard of it. But the web has lots of references to it now. I have no idea when it emerged or where it came from, or why a Japanese word is used, etc.

The reality
    is that nobody has shown
    strong links between them.
    mloc wrote: »
    I think Bokeh refers to the quality of the out of focus areas in the photo, not the extent of the DOF nor any compositional element of the photo.

Saying "quality"
    without qualification
    is just meaningless.

Although, I would say
    I broadly agree with much
    that is in this post.
    From an optical point of view, focal length, aperture, diaphragm shape and even sensor size will all play their part on the final Bokeh quality. While most people will agree on specific cases of good and bad bokeh, it's still highly subjective and you can't really measure it.

Aspects of bokeh
    can be measured easily
    and then classified.

Sensor size has no
    affect bokeh, but it does
    affect depth-of-field.

Shallow depth-of field
    is not the same as bokeh.
    You are conflating.

RE: preferences,
    There's no accounting for taste,
    in bokeh or not.
    Bokeh is most obvious where there are highly contrasting points of light in the background of a shallow DOF image. Here is an example of good bokeh (some might even call this "odd" bokeh, and the lens used is somewhat of Bokeh lover's staple):

anniina by Samuli Ikäheimo, on Flickr

Unusually wide apertures can also lead to very obvious Bokeh:

bubbling over by moaan, on Flickr

Actually, both
    evidence "bad", "nisen", or
    "hard edged" bokeh.

That's not to say that
    they're unpleasant images.
    But they are not "good".
    In the reviews about lenses yeah, certainly. More blades gives a more rounded appearance to the highlights in out of focus areas. 5 blades = pentagons while 9 blades (especially curved) = nice smooth circles like in mloc's examples.

Again, I will stress
    this ain't the same as bokeh
    or much related.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Why can't everyone do the gentlemanly thing and just agree to disagree. Otherwise you'll all be here this time next year................ or until the mods lock it from the frustration that it's surely causing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Why can't everyone do the gentlemanly thing and just agree to disagree. Otherwise you'll all be here this time next year................ or until the mods lock it from the frustration that it's surely causing!

Oi! Don't be stifling important discussion.

Chary wins.

Self-indulgent twaddle

Trollin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

or until the mods lock it from the frustration that it's surely causing!

128867408781715196.jpg

(I think this thread may have run its course - ding-de-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding)

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    128867408781715196.jpg

(I think this thread may have run its course - ding-de-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding)

I really don't see
    why you'd close this thread so soon.
    It just seems a waste.

People are learning
    discussing photography.
    One guy is butthurt.

Five cats no frogs
    banjo tunes
    thread remain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I really don't see
    why you'd close this thread so soon.
    It just seems a waste.

People are learning
    discussing photography.
    One guy is butthurt.

em, but you posted to a c-l-o-s-e-d thread...... you must have jedi like powers sir to transverse the ultimate close thread function of vbulletin. I bow to your greatness.

anyhow wasn't responding to you :P

• Advertisement

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    em, but you posted to a c-l-o-s-e-d thread...... you must have jedi like powers sir to transverse the ultimate close thread function of vbulletin. I bow to your greatness.

anyhow wasn't responding to you :P

It was not you I
    was referring to. These are
    not the droids you seek.

This would be an example of what I consider pleasing bokeh without in any way involving highlightes.

Bokeh5.jpg

Advertisement