Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish comic universe

• 09-02-2011 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭

so, what do people think about this? good idea, bad idea?

I know the first book (the league of volunteers) is either out now or due out soon.
    we have 3 more books waiting in the wings. Personally, i hope that these books are successful (assuming they're good), but i don't hold out much hope.

http://irishcomics.wikia.com/wiki/The_League_of_Volunteers

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I've enjoyed the Atomic Diner stories I've read, but any time I read about someone launching a "comics universe" I groan inwardly; the claim is that interconnected storytelling universes offer narrative possibilities, but mostly the point of them seems to be to try and generate a completist/collector mentality amongst readers.

If the stories are good, more power to them. I'm not sure why they'd need to be part of a cohesive universe in order to be good, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭policarp

A big Enignma...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

in case anyone is intirested, i found out that the first trade is coming out when the L.O.V. has gotten to 3 issues (yeah i know, pretty small trade but more are expected to be longer)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

i've recently bought and read the first issue of L.O.V on my virginal trip to Forbidden Planet dublin, i must say i did enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

jpcarlow wrote: »
    i've recently bought and read the first issue of L.O.V on my virginal trip to Forbidden Planet dublin, i must say i did enjoy it

apparently the guy who writes it runs Sub-city

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

apparently the guy who writes it runs Sub-city
    does he? believe it or not i've never been, im a comic buying noob, spend more of my time drawing them

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Ring4Fea

Is Atomic Diner still healthy?

Advertisement