Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Billpay Phones

Options
  • 09-02-2011 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

Both myself and my girlfriend are both about to switch to Meteor bill plans, and will both be upgrading our phones.

The plan I am switching to is much cheaper than her plan, hence a bundled HTC Desire is 50e more expensive than if it was purchased on her chosen plan. I am planning to choose the phone she wants when I sign up, and get her to choose the HTC Desire when she signs up (and save about 50e), and then just swap phones and SIMs when they arrive.

My question is - does anyone know if the phones will be locked to the Meteor SIMs they come with, or whether it would be OK to just go ahead and swap the SIMs as described above? We will both be on Meteor obviously, so if the phones are just locked to a network as opposed to SIM then might be OK...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

They're just network locked, what you're planning will work fine. Individual sim lock would be a setting that can be activated by the user on some phones, not network dictated.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

thanks for the confirmation :) happy days 50e saved!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You can the go on to www.hss.groupscheme.com, download the Meteor voucher and get another 25% off your bills !!! You will have to extend your contract by 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

You can the go on to www.hss.groupscheme.com, download the Meteor voucher and get another 25% off your bills !!! You will have to extend your contract by 6 months.

Wtf! I never heard of HSS Groupscheme before but it looks legit.. Does one need to officially become a group scheme member before using any of the discounts available on their site, and if so is it free? Seems too good to be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

jArgHA wrote: »
    Wtf! I never heard of HSS Groupscheme before but it looks legit.. Does one need to officially become a group scheme member before using any of the discounts available on their site, and if so is it free? Seems too good to be true

Crikey its very legit:):). There's another thread about them in Bargain Alerts. Have a look at the thread about the Free HTC in Bray thread. Plenty mention of them there by me and others. I'll post a direct link in a few mins.

Update: Here is the link to Bargain Alerts to read more(pages more) about groupscheme:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056158480&page=13

There is a plethora of other discounted stuff on that site as well.No need to sign up. But if you do you will get weekly email updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

jArgHA wrote: »

I am planning to choose the phone she wants when I sign up, and get her to choose the HTC Desire when she signs up (and save about 50e), and then just swap phones and SIMs when they arrive.

Did exactly this about 9 months ago - I got the HTC Desire and herself got the HTC Legend but my name is associated with the Legend and hers with the Desire - no worries worked a dream and saved us about 100 quid.
    Only issue was that the Legend had to go off for repair so when she brought it back to the shop they were like WTF....thats not your phone.....its registered to some bloke
    So just be aware of that as they might try to arrest you for stealing a phone :D

Advertisement