Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cao 2011

Options
  • 09-02-2011 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

HI fellow boardsies :D

K heres the deal,recently dropped out of college and just after filling in my cao application for 2011.for my leaving cert in 2010 i got 415 points.Is there much point in me putting down say physiotherapy (500+) or commerce (440+) on my cao when i know that I dont have the points

any helpful feedback would be greatly appreciated guys ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

No point whatsoever, unless they bring the points down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Physio is unlikely to come down so much. Commerce is hard to say. But really this is impossible to guess. Nobody knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

If they are the courses you really want to do then put them down as your number 1 & 2 choices. The way the cao works means that its no harm at all. Don't be put off by the points, some courses have swung massively year by year and i'm sure theres a good few people who have missed out on their course of choice by simply assuming they wouldn't make the cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

pljudge321 wrote: »
    If they are the courses you really want to do then put them down as your number 1 & 2 choices. The way the cao works means that its no harm at all. Don't be put off by the points, some courses have swung massively year by year and i'm sure theres a good few people who have missed out on their course of choice by simply assuming they wouldn't make the cut.

+1 to this. Always list in order of preference. Having been on the phones in the student desk on the day the CAO places were announced over the last 2 years, I have heard some very heartbroken people. You never know with CAO points, there is no way of predicting what will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Hell Hath No Fury

I just have one question. I presently doing science in UCD. I think I want to transfer to commerce but I have to reapply to the CAO (I understand the deadline has past to I'll have to pay a late fee).

I'm not sure if I have enough points for commerce though, I don't know if the points will go up or done this year. Is it possible for me to reapply to the CAO and also remain a registered student of UCD until the offers come out in August?

I just think it might be too big of a risk for me to drop out until I know whether or not I was offered a place in commerce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

I just have one question. I presently doing science in UCD. I think I want to transfer to commerce but I have to reapply to the CAO (I understand the deadline has past to I'll have to pay a late fee).

I'm not sure if I have enough points for commerce though, I don't know if the points will go up or done this year. Is it possible for me to reapply to the CAO and also remain a registered student of UCD until the offers come out in August?

I just think it might be too big of a risk for me to drop out until I know whether or not I was offered a place in commerce.

I did the same thing going from science to engineering. You dont need to drop out or anything, if you get the cao offer for commerce and you accept it you will be automatically unregistered for science and registered for commerce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Sefirah

In the words of my career guidance teacher:
    You didn't drop out, you CHOSE TO LEAVE ;)

In other news... no harm in putting it down- you'll be kicking yourself if the points do actually go down

Advertisement