Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Making you feel old!

• 09-02-2011 8:37pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this has been posted but

Making you feel old: Remember the Bebeto and Romario 'rocking the cradle' goal celebration at World Cup USA? The 'baby' made his debut for Flamengo last week.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

godtabh wrote: »

Making you feel old: Remember the Bebeto and Romario 'rocking the cradle' goal celebration at World Cup USA? The 'baby' made his debut for Flamengo last week.

im 26 and now feel old you are my enemy now:pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Pretty cool that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Think that's bad. I have a load of old Tiger comics from the 70 & 80's, was a British comic and mainly sport themed. They used to do loads of football team & action photos in the comic. I had a look through them recently and man, how things have changed. I might scan some of the squad photos and post them if there's any interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Another one that made me feel old was Nicky Barmby's son recently lining out for United's youth team.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

fcuk off!

so that probably means i'm too old to be spotted by a scout now. . .flip!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

was chating to a work colleague the other day (a fecking unted fan) i asked him did he remember the time alec dropped jim leighton for a cup final replay. no says he when was that? 1990 i think says I. i was 7 says he !!! little bollix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

was chating to a work colleague the other day (a fecking unted fan) i asked him did he remember the time alec dropped jim leighton for a cup final replay. no says he when was that? 1990 i think says I. i was 7 says he !!! little bollix

I remember watching that,was bloody horrific. Then again he was so bandy it was no wonder it went through his legs! Les Sealy was the replacement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Class. What's the lads name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Wasn't Teddy Sheringham's son playing while his dad was playing?

Pretty sweet about Bebeto's though

Fizman wrote: »

Baby Bebeto :D:D:D:D:D:D.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Romario's son plays for Vasco da Gama and his name is Romarinho he is 16 I think :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

dahat wrote: »
    Baby Bebeto :D:D:D:D:D:D.......

baybeto :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Lads, ye have it easy. I remember when they used to talk about Mark Hateley being Tony Hateley's son. (Tony Hateley played for Coventry in the late 60's early 70's) Now, Mark's own feckin son is playing somewhere in Scotland. Aaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggghhhhh!!!!

Must go, totter off and heat up the cocoa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

I can still remember when the likes of leeds, coventry, southampton and nottingham forest had good teams, arsenal could win games 1-0, and rte showed live matches on a saturday afternoon :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

darragh16 wrote: »

While Teddys dad was playing :eek:

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭ollaetta

darragh16 wrote: »

Eidur Gudjohnsen's father was a pro footballer and I think they played an international together for Iceland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

ollaetta wrote: »
    Eidur Gudjohnsen's father was a pro footballer and I think they played an international together for Iceland.

Dont think they played together,Eidur came on as a sub for his Da

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

and rte showed live matches on a saturday afternoon :eek:

Even I remember that.:P
    They had an Old Firm game or two as well, iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Didnt RTE show matches about three years ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

About 7 or 8 years ago at this stage I'd say. Definately at least 5 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

ollaetta wrote: »

Haven't 4 of 5 of his sons played international football or was that a rumour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Fizman wrote: »

Matheus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Anyone remember when RTE had games on a half hour delay of a Saturday? You couldn't resist checking the scores on teletext though which kinda ruined the illusion.

I remeber watching this on BBC,the dodgy aerial on the chimney,almost black and white signal it was so bad!

brian mclair penalty miss V Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Haven't 4 of 5 of his sons played international football or was that a rumour?

Didn't Peter Schmeichel get subbed for Denmark for Kasper in one game? Add that to the list :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

But sure Liverpool supporters only support Liverpool cause of the Colours of jersey right.

Advertisement