Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drilling piano legs

Options
  • 09-02-2011 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

I have a few nice carved piano legs (about 18 inches long) which I intend converting to table lamps. Anyone know where I could get the centre bored for the flex? I don't think it would be possible to bore them accurately free hand.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

Bodhran wrote: »
    I have a few nice carved piano legs (about 18 inches long) which I intend converting to table lamps. Anyone know where I could get the centre bored for the flex? I don't think it would be possible to bore them accurately free hand.

You could bore the holes from both ends, it would be much easier to keep the bit running through with the leg, and the hole will be in the right place were it matters, also much easier on the drill itself. a light auger bit would go do your job.........

Advertisement