Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology Project

Options
  • 09-02-2011 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi everyone
    I am trying to do a biology project for school, and i have no ideas on what to do. I was wondering if anyone had any good and fun topics, i could do my project on.

Thank's so much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Partition

Hi lorcan122,

What if you picked an interesting bacteria/virus/infectious agent and did a project on that? They're always an interesting topic since there's loads to talk about- what they are, who they infect, what diseases they cause, how they're treated, etc. Also some of the more "high profile" ones will have plenty of reader-friendly information out there. E.g. there was an interesting feature about the parasite Cryptosporidium on the Discovery Channel's Monsters Inside Me to get you started, plus it's quite relevant due to the recent outbreak in Ireland. Just a suggestion though- there's plenty of other disease-causing organisms to choose from! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Spike

lorcan122 wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    I am trying to do a biology project for school, and i have no ideas on what to do. I was wondering if anyone had any good and fun topics, i could do my project on.

Thank so much

Bacterial art, its class:D Done it in college any chance I got

Maybe you could tell us what year you're in and what kind of thing you're interested in?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

Is it a practical or library project and how much time do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭lorcan122

I am in 5th year the proposal for the project has to be 500 words, and if the project is picked, you have to do a 15 minute presentation on it.
    E.g. there was an interesting feature about the parasite Cryptosporidium on the Discovery Channel's Monsters Inside Me to get you started, plus it's quite relevant due to the recent outbreak in Ireland. Just a suggestion though- there's plenty of other disease-causing organisms to choose from
    I really like this idea, i will have a look into it . Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Partition

lorcan122 wrote: »
    I really like this idea, i will have a look into it . Thank you.

No problem, best of luck with it!

You could do something on the human genome project or the human microbiome project. The possibilities are endless really.

For some interesting ideas, maybe try this website: http://www.ted.com/
    It's got lots of topical, right up to date stuff that your teacher will probably not have heard before and hence be more interested in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Partition wrote: »
    Hi lorcan122,

What if you picked an interesting bacteria/virus/infectious agent and did a project on that? They're always an interesting topic since there's loads to talk about- what they are, who they infect, what diseases they cause, how they're treated, etc. Also some of the more "high profile" ones will have plenty of reader-friendly information out there. E.g. there was an interesting feature about the parasite Cryptosporidium on the Discovery Channel's Monsters Inside Me to get you started, plus it's quite relevant due to the recent outbreak in Ireland. Just a suggestion though- there's plenty of other disease-causing organisms to choose from! :)

Hi Partition,

just wondering if u have any more info on this (like news articles). I havent heard anything about it :)

Advertisement