Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancer Diagnosis

Options
  • 09-02-2011 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

My sister has had cancer over the last two years. She first had it in the breast, then secondaries in her bones. She went into remission for two months and then it returned to her liver, she has other types of secondaries since. As of the last few days she has been given 6 weeks to live and is to have palative care. Has anyone been in this situation? She is still quiet young. Is there nay survivor stories there?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

Sorry I have nothing useful to add, but wanted to say I will be thinking of you. xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

Hi Tippgirl,
    Try the Message Board on the Irish Cancer Society website. There is a specific Breast Cancer Forum there.

The ICS also offer a range of support services for both the patient AND their family, including provision of nurses for those as ill as your sister. There is a Freefone number 1800 200 700 and you, or your sister, could talk to a Cancer nurse about the situation.

For what its worth, I am a Prostate Cancer survivor.

Take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

The Irish Cancer Society are great for people affected by cancer be it relatives/friends or the person themselves. I am in both groups - several relatives are cancer survivors (my mother in law is currenly battling terminal lung cancer) and I am a 4 year survivor of oesophageal cancer. You do not say what age your sister is but from my experience there were less age appropriate supports for younger survivors but there still are some if you really look.

Advertisement