Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So Sorry - 'Polite Robber' Caught On Camera

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

An armed robber has been arrested after what has been described as one of the politest cases of theft ever caught on camera.
    Entering a Shell petrol station in White Center, Seattle, Gregory Hess bought a cup of coffee and then calmly asked the man behind the counter to empty the cash register.

Asking station owner John Henry to do him "a favour", Hess, 65, then said: "Can you empty that till for me, please? Put it right there".

Confused, Mr Henry asked what Hess meant, only for the thief to repeat: "Put it right there," adding: "I'm robbing you".

Capturing the entire exchange on CCTV, Hess can be seen brandishing what appears to be a real handgun.

Despite the weapon though, Mr Henry insists that Hess remained as polite as possible throughout, even apologising profusely as he handed over $300.

As the robbery continued, Hess can be heard saying: "I'm really sorry to do this, but I've got kids."

Mr Henry offered him an alternative, suggesting he take $40 instead to help him out.

The thief declined the offer, though, saying: "Well, I can't do that sir. I've got rent to pay. I've got bills, and the kids need to eat."

Before leaving, Hess bade farewell with a promise: "Thank you very much, I really appreciate it. And I'm sorry.

"And if I ever get back on my feet again, sir, I'll bring it back."

The robbery occurred on Saturday morning, with Hess being arrested on Monday after the CCTV footage became a YouTube hit and helped police identify him.

The King County Sheriff's office has since confirmed that Hess has a history of criminal activity, having been convicted of armed robbery and forgery in the past.

Police said Hess would be charged with one count of armed robbery.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20110209/tod-so-sorry-polite-robber-caught-on-cam-870a197.html

For those on mobile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

From the NY post:

A car-service driver has pleaded guilty to fraud for taking a businessman on what is probably the most expensive airport cab ride in New York history.
    Peter Rahhaoui, a Queens limo operator, admitted billing a Hong Kong mogul's credit card nearly $800,000 after driving him 13 miles from Teterboro Airport to Manhattan in 2008.
    Tony Chan, a megamillionaire and feng-shui master, did not notice the startlingly exorbitant charges and learned of them only after he was notified by bank security.
    Rahhaoui, of Flushing, pleaded guilty to credit-card fraud before Judge Carol Amon in Brooklyn federal court. The chauffeur, his attorney, and federal prosecutors had been poised to travel to Hong Kong to conduct a formal videotaped deposition and cross-examination of Chan at the US Consulate there.

Must be some credit limit if he didn't miss 800K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Feng Shui Master? What does he do, rearrange furniture into your face?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

"Any one of you fcuking pricks move, and I'll execute every one of you motherfcukers!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Fat Tony: Bart is it wrong to steal a loaf of bread to feed your starving family

Bart: Hell No

Tony: Well what if you're family don't like bread, what if they like cigarettes, and what if you have a big family, and you steal a whole truck load of cigarettes. Is that wrong?

Bart: No

I think that's how it goes anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

That's a man at the end of his rope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

RichieC wrote: »
    That's a man at the end of his rope.

In Iran he would be.

Said he's doing it for his kids, who must be in their mid 30's.

The shopkeeper played it pretty cool, considering the presence of the pistol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

And after all that he didn't even pay for his coffee. Bastard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭jimbob86

what a lovely polite chap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I know I shouldn't, but I actually felt sorry for the robber there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Advertisement