Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Pipe-Tg4

• 09-02-2011 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭

Documentary on now about Rossport and the Shell gas line. Should be interesting, it got a few international awards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Tonka

just watched the first part. Shame Shell didn't participate. The documentary can be viewed as biased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Shocking stuff,stinks to the high heavens of corruption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭encyclopedia

Excellant documentary, this only shows about half of what they are going through though. It doesn't go into the beating of Willie Corduff or the sinking of Pat "the chief" O'Donnells boat at a later date. The fact that shell don't appear in it shows to me that they have something to hide.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

The fact that shell don't appear in it shows to me that they have something to hide.

You dont say!

Really sad to watch the way the local community was bullied by big business backed by the gestapo masquerading as their police force.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

Anyone any idea how to get your hands on a copy of this? Or is it not released yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Beaucoupfish

I just watched An Piopa and am left with a profound sense of sadness.

Shell make a profit of 1.9million euro an hour and appear to have there own laws.

The EU have not been strong enough in protecting this area.

These people need media savvy leaders who can articulate their case.

Any contracts signed by Ray Burke should be deemed invalid.

Shame on Fianna Fàil once again.

And I don't feel this documentary was biased as Shell didn't want to participate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Get a life, folks. That film is nothing more than SOS propaganda. I haven't seen anything so blatantly biased. The plain fact of the matter is that the vast majority of the local population had absolutely no dispute with the project.

Get a life, folks. That film is nothing more than SOS propaganda. I haven't seen anything so blatantly biased. The plain fact of the matter is that the vast majority of the local population had absolutely no dispute with the project.

Ah a very emotive subject isn't it.

Try watchin "Pipe Down". http://vimeo.com/8668733This is another documentary filmed around the same time. Was released earlier in the 2010.

The Pipe is a bit more cinematic. Was it just one man and a camera?

Both documentarys suffer from the fact that the storys in them are still developing.

milehip1 wrote: »
    You dont say!

I was replying to this
    Tonka wrote: »
    Shame Shell didn't participate. The documentary can be viewed as biased.
    I don't think that it was too biased although some peope would like to make it out to be

It was a bit different to the cinema version but still defo worth watching, the guards come across very poorly in it
    taytothief wrote: »
    Anyone any idea how to get your hands on a copy of this? Or is it not released yet?

As far as I know it has been released yet you can keep an eye on it here though http://www.thepipethefilm.com/

The TG4 player for it is here http://www.tg4.tv/main.aspx?level=Faisneis&content=473304639489

If you were to watch it or were to follow the shell to sea campaign you would understand that what you just said is a load of rubbish. It is clear that some people who are for it have been paid off. I don't get why anybody would think that this sort of blatant invasion by shell could be acceptable. Why are you fighting for them, what do you have to gain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Beaucoupfish

TV3 and Paul McWilliams made a documentary in the past with an alternative viewpoint. Watch it and make your mind up.

To the above poster who wants me to get a life. I live in Mayo and the majority of people I know sympathise with the community. Every academic I've spoken to is also against the pipe route.

I don't think that it was biased although some peope would like to make it out to be

exactly.

TV3 and Paul McWilliams made a documentary in the past with an alternative viewpoint. Watch it and make your mind up.

To the above poster who wants me to get a life. I live in Mayo and the majority of people I know sympathise with the community. Every academic I've spoken to is also against the pipe route.

The Paul Williams one is ridiculous, talk about trying to make the local people look like villains. His usual poor sensationalising journalism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

i pity the community being bullied by big business , and the gardai being heavy handed. stinks to high heaven.

i dont see FG or any other party saying anything about whats going on down there, its a total disgrace.

on this side of the country we have to put up with incinerators.... FF & the greens have totally fecked this country up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

just watched the first part. Shame Shell didn't participate. The documentary can be viewed as biased.

:rolleyes:

Ah a very emotive subject, isn't it.

Try watchin "Pipe Down". http://vimeo.com/8668733This is another documentary filmed around the same time. Was released earlier in the 2010.

me wrong. it finished filming back in April 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

I was replying to this

ok ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 daithiof

paul Mcwilliams is employed by tony O reilly who employs mr mcwilliams to tv3.... o reilly also conveniently owns oil exploration rights in the corrib area.....this man has huge self interests in the project...

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jane Eyre

I thought it was a very strange doc. Beautifully shot and well made but it is impossible to make any judgement on the story when you're only getting one side of the story. I know Shell refused to take part, but there were locals who were behind Shell, and they weren't interviewed, the guards weren't interviewed, we never heard what response the priests got to their letter from Eamon Ryan.
    It certainly looks like some of the locals were sold out but were they the majority or the minority? Impossible to tell in such an unbalanced story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭big_show

Seen the tail end of this on saturday night, loved it.

Any idea when we might get a DVD release or a replay?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

The video wont play for me. Is it working for anyone..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 socoto

no not working for me either. if anyone has a link or knows when it will be available to watch please post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭big_show

Heads up! The Pipe is on More4 tonight at 10pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dante7744

You can find multiple links for it here:

http://www.docmasters.tv/topic/3277-the-pipe-2010/

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Valkerie33

Any idea where I could watch An Píopa online? Or download it. Watched The Pipe. Want to watch the original.

Advertisement