Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tounge peircing in gallway

Options
  • 09-02-2011 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I believe it's a law/insurance thing. Tongues, nipples and genitals are seen as sexual parts of the body. If a person was to pierce your tongue at 15 they could be done for statutory rape / interfering with a minor. Also even though the piercing is relatively simple the after care is of the utmost importance, unlike an ear lobe or something less minor if you ignore the aftercare for a tongue you could face loads of complications, worst case scenario it could kill you. Drastic I know, but it is for the reasons outlined above almost 100% of piercing studios won't pierce a person's tongue who isn't 18 or over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Will wrote: »
    I believe it's a law/insurance thing. Tongues, nipples and genitals are seen as sexual parts of the body. If a person was to pierce your tongue at 15 they could be done for statutory rape / interfering with a minor. Also even though the piercing is relatively simple the after care is of the utmost importance, unlike an ear lobe or something less minor if you ignore the aftercare for a tongue you could face loads of complications, worst case scenario it could kill you. Drastic I know, but it is for the reasons outlined above almost 100% of piercing studios won't pierce a person's tongue who isn't 18 or over.

:eek::eek::eek:
    Wow, that's a crazy law thing.
    The tongue is seen as a sexual organ and can get you locked up but yet there is no regulation on the proper disposal of needles.
    Fair play.
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I dunno how true it is, could simply be an insurance thing. However I was told the same when I went to get my nipples pierced at 17 - that it would be seen as interfering with a minor if they were to pierce them.

Advertisement