Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

letter from a land owner, help

Options
  • 09-02-2011 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Im having a bit of trouble getting the second letter of permission from a land owner. I have asked 3 farmers, all neighbours, could i shoot on their land all resulting in a polite no, which is fair enough. They just seem to be anti guns / hunting . These are the people i know personally.
    The letter i already have is from somebody i dont even know, a friend got it for me. The funny thing is i have a fair bit of land with un official permission to shoot on already, but i have no idea who the owner is. Iv seen him while we were out and about and he just gave us a wave. The land is basically a free for all to be honest.
    I also have a large garden to clear of rabbits but the owner has too little land for it to qualify.
    Iv been at this crap for a while trying to get somebody to sign the letter. This is the last piece of the puzzle, i have everything else ready to go. Im based in Dunboyne Co.Meath and if anybody around that neck of the woods could help me out it would greatly be appreciated. I wont have the funds to join a club for the near future, unfortunately. So i cant take that route.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Hard to get Farmers to sign anything.
    A lot of land around Kilcock/Kilcloon/Maynooth
    You should try changing tactics
    See if you can find out if any of your mates relatives have farms (explain you might not ever shoot it, You just need it for a licence)
    Get Insurance before though, Farmers are far more comfortable if you can show them insurance before they sign anything;)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Steyr243Hunter

Talk to the farmer, un official shooting rights, how would that hold up in court?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Talk to the farmer, un official shooting rights, how would that hold up in court?

ie. spoken permissions
    Only worth the paper there are written on. :mad:

The way ask is to say I need them to give me written permission for the insurance company and that way they the farmer will be covered by my insurance. And show them the cover that you have. Then it's just a simple form on a card like so (folio number if for deer):

Permission to shoot on my Lands

Name_________________________Phone_____________
    Address______________________________________________

I hereby give Your Name and Address here permission to shoot on my lands for all game and the control of vermin at the above address.
    This permission may be revoked at any time, in writing, by the above shooting rights owner.

Signed___________________Date___________

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Is getting the folio number a big deal cos ive been chasing a farmer for ages and hes either being truthful and saying he doesnt know where to get it or hes putting me on the long finger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Is getting the folio number a big deal

cos ive been chasing a farmer for ages and hes either being truthful and saying he doesnt know where to get it (more than likely)
    or hes putting me on the long finger

Land registry only worry about Folio numbers

A lot of land in the state where Farmers never had any numbers as it is reclaimed bogland etc

For deer hunting if you can provide area aid parcel number it is fine

If Deer are on farmland 9/10 the land is classed as disadvantaged (farmer gets grant aid)
    For this money Farmer needs Parcel numbers which are on the aerial maps provided by Dept. of Agri

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Lads

more and more I have seen farmers turn around and say work away but i am not signing anything eg you can put up the club signs you can list the land Thats how it goes in the 21st Century Im scared ill be sued. I have a permission that i got from a farmer and it said

Joe blogs can shoot on my land

the farmer

Maybe we should be a bit more relaxed on the wording

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

i agree, the first part was fine i reckond but id leave out the permission can be withdrawn in writing ect bit. no harm to have a sheet printed out like that so all he needs to do is put his name on it but keep it short and sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

i agree, the first part was fine i reckond but id leave out the permission can be withdrawn in writing ect bit. no harm to have a sheet printed out like that so all he needs to do is put his name on it but keep it short and sweet

+1

Advertisement