Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you seen this preacher in Dublin City Centre?

Options
  • 09-02-2011 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭City Boi

He's normally in North Earl Street or Henry Street on Wednesdays telling us all how were going to hell.. He speaks with a strong Dublin accent and seems oblivious to people passing by or people who actually listen to him.

I was wondering is he a new 'landmark' for Dublin? And is he a replacement for the Old Woman who danced in O'Connell St?

Comments

dublin forum rabble rabble WHICH TOWN

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yeah i've seen him.

It's pretty sad when our "landmarks" are people with mental illnesses!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,224 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

**** him

He going to hell the bollox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

**** him

He going to hell the bollox
    He's living in Dublin, he's already there:(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

After Hours -> Dublin city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Maybe he's telling the truth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Fortune_Cookie

He's been around for years. Sometimes he has his wife with him. She's more mental than he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

MrStuffins wrote: »
    It's pretty sad when our "landmarks" are people with mental illnesses!

2nd :D:D

Someone should make a short video of him and post it here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Bit rich to be accusing the guy of mental instability when all he's doing is sharing his faith. He's not forcing you to stop and listen to him, if you dont like what he has to say, walk on, as U2 said.

• Advertisement

keano_afc wrote: »
    Bit rich to be accusing the guy of mental instability when all he's doing is sharing his faith. He's not forcing you to stop and listen to him, if you dont like what he has to say, walk on, as U2 said.

How is it rich? The guy is obviously unstable!

And he doesnt force anyone to stop and listen, but what he does do is shout at young children and tell them they'll go to hell if they don't follow his path. Ridiculous!

keano_afc wrote: »
    Bit rich to be accusing the guy of mental instability when all he's doing is sharing his faith.

Yeah........ hey everyone keano is the preacher cuckoo cuckoo :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Totherescue

He speaks more sense than anyone I know! Most people haven't the guts to stop and listen. They just rush past. With all the religion in Ireland most haven't a clue why Jesus died on the cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

Thats a bit "damning" for a first post. Welcome brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

He speaks more sense than anyone I know! Most people haven't the guts to stop and listen. They just rush past. With all the religion in Ireland most haven't a clue why Jesus died on the cross.

Good friday right?

Are you this guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

He speaks more sense than anyone I know!
    You need to get to know more people.
    Most people haven't the guts to stop and listen. They just rush past.
    That's because they've heard it all before and this guy isn't bringing anything new to the table besides a Dublin accent.
    With all the religion in Ireland most haven't a clue why Jesus died on the cross.
    Did it have something to do with saving us from himself who was actually his own father who in all his power couldn't save us from himself so he sent his son which was also himself to die on a cross to save us from his father who was also himself...something something something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

[QUOTE=mcmoustache;73726641Did it have something to do with saving us from himself who was actually his own father who in all his power couldn't save us from himself so he sent his son which was also himself to die on a cross to save us from his father who was also himself...something something something.[/QUOTE]

Never thought of it like that, ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I ****ing hate these *****, they should all be moved on or arrested if they come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I ****ing hate these *****, they should all be moved on or arrested if they come back.

:eek: Such language, and from the mod of the sunshine, lollipops and rainbows forum :D

He speaks more sense than anyone I know!

I fell sorry for you then

Most people haven't the guts to stop and listen.

Does anyone else think this guy is on crazy pills

• Advertisement

Have you just believed that because people told you? Don't you believe what the bible tells you?

He's got ya there junkie dude! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 jaybro

Yeah, see him all the time! What a madzer. I find it funny that the only people that watch him do it for his comic effect. I doubt anyone actually stops to save their soul.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭LaBaguette

I'm pretty sure he's been around for at least a year, because saw him not long after arriving in Dublin. Redhead with a thick accent preaching in the streets, hurray for stereotypes :D

But whatever his ramblings may be, the anti-abortion guys just around the corner, standing in front of the GPO, annoy me much more than this guy.

LaBaguette wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure he's been around for at least a year, because saw him not long after arriving in Dublin. Redhead with a thick accent preaching in the streets, hurray for stereotypes :D

But whatever his ramblings may be, the anti-abortion guys just around the corner, standing in front of the GPO, annoy me much more than this guy.

One of them is my old Irish teacher. She was there when I was in school too! Annoyed the hell out of me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Totherescue

realies wrote: »
    [QUOTE=mcmoustache;73726641Did it have something to do with saving us from himself who was actually his own father who in all his power couldn't save us from himself so he sent his son which was also himself to die on a cross to save us from his father who was also himself...something something something.

Never thought of it like that, ;)[/Quote]
    Although there is one God there are 3 distinct persons. Jesus spoke to the father but he wasn't mumbling to himself. It's not like superman and Clark Kent. God loved you so much that He sent Jesus the innocent to take your punishment (and mine). Heroic stuff. True love.

Although there is one God there are 3 distinct persons. Jesus spoke to the father but he wasn't mumbling to himself. It's not like superman and Clark Kent. God loved you so much that He sent Jesus the innocent to take your punishment (and mine). Heroic stuff. True love.

............................. nah!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

cool story bro

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

He hangs out with this lady as far as I know, she's a little more mental though.
    Stood here filming with my GF for a good half hour one day. She's some woman...

Jaysus, the first lad needs to get her a lend of his microphone. I'm getting a sore throat just listening.

Where is this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I like his little preachin' ladder.

I like the idea of him getting up in the morning, getting dressed and having breakfast, and then setting out for the day's work with his Preachin' Ladder and his Wavin' Bible. Does he bring them on the bus or does he park in town, do you think?

When does he decide he's preached enough, I wonder? Does he have a quota? "Well, I've mildly bothered 600 people and actively harrassed about fifty, I'll just pop off to Subway lunch."

Advertisement