Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you seen this preacher in Dublin City Centre?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

I like his little preachin' ladder.

I like the idea of him getting up in the morning, getting dressed and having breakfast, and then setting out for the day's work with his Preachin' Ladder and his Wavin' Bible. Does he bring them on the bus or does he park in town, do you think?

When does he decide he's preached enough, I wonder? Does he have a quota? "Well, I've mildly bothered 600 people and actively harrassed about fifty, I'll just pop off to Subway lunch."

Lunch? SUBWAY!!? That sounds like devil talk to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Clearly he feels a very pressing urgency about his mission, but he also has yet to starve to death or fall asleep at his post. So at some point, he has to go "Right. That's today's preaching done. Off home!" and ride off into the sunset to clock out.

Is he part of an organisation? It seems to be just himself and his good lady, but I wonder how they support themselves if this is how they spend their weekdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Clearly he feels a very pressing urgency about his mission, but he also has yet to starve to death or fall asleep at his post. So at some point, he has to go "Right. That's today's preaching done. Off home!" and ride off into the sunset to clock out.

Is he part of an organisation? It seems to be just himself and his good lady, but I wonder how they support themselves if this is how they spend their weekdays.

At the moment, half the country are able to live decently and have every weekday free at the same time!

Who needs a job when you've got God? If they spend their mortal days preaching, they can spend forever at the right hand of Yahweh himself

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Sometimes I see him on Henry street. He just rambles and rambles.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Sometimes I see him on Henry street. He just rambles and rambles.....
    You expected a guy shouting about religion on the side of a street to present a cogent, reasoned and sensible argument ? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement