Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Patio Doors Needed In Wicklow Area?

• 09-02-2011 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend the cheapest supplier in the east coast for sliding patio doors as we're on a budget doing lots of DIY?

Many thanks. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

There's always loads of perfectly goo double glazed units on adverts.ie and donedeal.ie
    Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭DI Dwyer

Seems like many door suppliers haven't yet spent all the money the made in the boom times! I have made 4 enquiries requesting quotes for a sliding patio dood and a back door asssembly. 3 enquiries placed in the republic and one in the north... only the northern company replied with a quote..:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

I got some windows from a company in Limerick called Star Elm, very keen and good service etc. Deliver nationwide.

Thanks Buck, will try them.

Star Elem told me they only supply the trade... don't do patio doors anyway... I may put up a sheet of 8 x 4.:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Soulsista

DI Dwyer wrote: »
    Seems like many door suppliers haven't yet spent all the money the made in the boom times! I have made 4 enquiries requesting quotes for a sliding patio dood and a back door asssembly. 3 enquiries placed in the republic and one in the north... only the northern company replied with a quote..:confused:

I completely agree with you as I am having the exact same problem with 5 suppliers I called or emailed last week...do they have more oney then sense? I'd rather give my money to a compnay that wants it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 TinyT

I used Astral about a year ago for a patio door and am really pleased with it. I had to replace the previous door that got damaged. I shopped around, got 4 quotes, including the guy the insurance company sent out, and Astral were the cheapest.

http://www.astralhomeimprovements.ie/astral/Main/Home.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Soulsista

TinyT wrote: »
    I used Astral about a year ago for a patio door and am really pleased with it. I had to replace the previous door that got damaged. I shopped around, got 4 quotes, including the guy the insurance company sent out, and Astral were the cheapest.

http://www.astralhomeimprovements.ie/astral/Main/Home.htm

Great, thanks a mill. I'll check them out.:)

Also try AruJoinery(.ie) in Arklow.

Advertisement