Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fingal development plan

Options
  • 09-02-2011 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭

http://gis.fingalcoco.ie/developmentplan/DevPlanViewer.aspx

i was looking at the old development plan. (above ) and the new development plan. ( below)

http://gis.fingalcoco.ie/DraftDevelopmentPlan/DevPlanViewer.aspx

anyway when you zoom in on rush you can see whats going to be developed etc etc.

what made me look at it was a machine has moved onto the strip of waste ground opposite my estate. across road from the church essentially. I was wondering are they clearing the ground for the dotted grey line which i would imagine would be a new road to form a bypass. ( or which i think is called the western gateway??)

anyway anyone her of anything about this before i go annoying fingal about it. :D:D

EDIT: looks like a cycle track around the town too. would be nice to have that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭JRCC

Martron wrote: »
    http://gis.fingalcoco.ie/developmentplan/DevPlanViewer.aspx

i was looking at the old development plan. (above ) and the new development plan. ( below)

http://gis.fingalcoco.ie/DraftDevelopmentPlan/DevPlanViewer.aspx

anyway when you zoom in on rush you can see whats going to be developed etc etc.

what made me look at it was a machine has moved onto the strip of waste ground opposite my estate. across road from the church essentially. I was wondering are they clearing the ground for the dotted grey line which i would imagine would be a new road to form a bypass. ( or which i think is called the western gateway??)

anyway anyone her of anything about this before i go annoying fingal about it. :D:D

EDIT: looks like a cycle track around the town too. would be nice to have that.

You're correct. That's a road reservation for the access road. It looks like they're fencing it off for some reason. Probably has something to do with the Tesco application. Tesco is proposing to put traffic signals or a roundabout there as part of their development.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

Where is Tesco proposed . ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭JRCC

Martron wrote: »
    Where is Tesco proposed . ?

At the corner of Park Road. It's currently a farm yard. Almost opposite the corner of Kenure Woods (where the scout den is) and opposite the church. There are road upgrades as part of their application. It was permitted by the council and is now appealed to An Bord Pleanala.

Ah I know wherr that . Any idea wheb that is. due to start?

I presume they will have to put the road in before they start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I hear this could start before the end of the year.

Not sure this by-pass will happen in the near future as I dont think Fingal will have the money but they might upgrade the Whitestown Rd from Church to Centra.

The cycle track around the town is an excellent idea. While I have only glanced at the map and notes I would be pushing for padestrian walk way along the cliffs. A lot of people are walking over there at the moment and some type of stone(s) base would make it a little safer. Im aware of the restrictions over at Drummanagh but this is such a good amenity it needs to be used.

• Advertisement

i was not drunk when i poisted my last one. i was using my phoine!!!

the upgrade form the church to centra would make sense to facilitate a new enterance into this tesco. i would imagine they would build into the wasteground too. and do the "bypass inphases.

the mother lives in kinnegad where a tesco has just been built. small enough one. i would imagine it would be a similar size to the one proposed in rush. but the changed a bit of the traffic management around it and did up the paths etc etc.

would be nice to get anything done that was classed as an upgrade.

the cycle track seems to head out along the coast. maybe there is a future plane to get a cycel track the estuary?

a lot of stuff in the old plan has not been done for obvious reasons but it would be nice to see a realistic plan. jusdging by whats on the plan there is no drastic measures being taken to change rush too much. which is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Blair

On that note does anyone know what the story is with the Main street in Swords, its all gone very quite. There was meant to be a theatre and all sorts built, the houses they bought up the are just derelict.

Advertisement