Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puppy Classes around Tullamore

• 09-02-2011 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    Anyone reccommend puppy training/obediance/socialization classes in the Tullamore or Portarlington areas in the next few months?

Any leads/suggestions would be most welcome!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Liam Conway out in Mucklagh
    Dont have his number anymore but can get it. Or google San Martin Kennels.

There is a woman who my vet in Tullamore recommended as well as friends. Shes in Rathangan and is seemingly very good with everything dog wise. Il get her number too for ya. Think she used to own the 'Bus Eirean' dog

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

hi my wife has just started puppy training classes in tullamore. 20 years experience, insured etc. i will pm you details so you can contaCT HER.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,011 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

magentas wrote: »
    Any Leads/suggestions would be most welcome!:)

iseewhatyoudidtheredog.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Gorteenman

hi my wife has just started puppy training classes in tullamore. 20 years experience, insured etc. i will pm you details so you can contaCT HER.
    Hi, can you send me details too? I have a 12 week old puppy and would love him to have some puppy training classes...for him and me!

sent you a pm there now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Quazzie wrote: »
    iseewhatyoudidtheredog.jpg
    eejit!:D

thanks for the contacts dusty and CS2

do you know when next classes will be starting CS2?
    should have said incase you picked me up wrong but not looking for one-on-one training as the most important aspect would be socializing him with other dogs so only interested in actual classes thanks:)

if you would like to leave your details on the website link that i pm'd you she will contact you when they are starting. puppy playgroup will be starting in april sometime. she is on facebook too.

cool, will get in touch with her so. thanks a mill!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Yoming

Hi CS2 could you pm me your wife's details also.thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Dewdropdeb

I would second the recommendation for Liam at San Martin Kennels in Mucklagh. He trains police dogs and guide dogs and all sorts of other specialty dogs. He's done amazing work on neighbourhood dogs and can't wait to get our wee girl booked in following her upcoming spaying. The difference in our neighbour's lab after just one session is unbelievable!

Best of luck!

Yoming wrote: »
    Hi CS2 could you pm me your wife's details also.thanks

pm sent.... we are awat on holiday until october 11th but i have if you give a email to the link i sent she will be able to check it...thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

Dusty87 wrote: »
    Liam Conway out in Mucklagh
    Dont have his number anymore but can get it. Or google San Martin Kennels.

There is a woman who my vet in Tullamore recommended as well as friends. Shes in Rathangan and is seemingly very good with everything dog wise. Il get her number too for ya. Think she used to own the 'Bus Eirean' dog

seriously would not use him esp if you have a puppy. while some ppl love him, i seriously think he is of the old school. he thinks its fine to use choke chains of every breed/age of dog. while some ppl is fine with this, i dont asx i think their are better ways of training a dog without this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

seriously would not use him esp if you have a puppy. while some ppl love him, i seriously think he is of the old school. he thinks its fine to use choke chains of every breed/age of dog. while some ppl is fine with this, i dont asx i think their are better ways of training a dog without this

I went to him about 13 years ago. with my collie. Lovely man and all that jazz,
    Since then (and iv matured) iv heard he is a bit 'rough'. Fights aggression with aggression etc.
    The woman in Rathangan is meant to be the real deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sarah Walsh

Been to San Martin for training classes was very pleased, solved our problem.Had been elsewhere but was not happy with results.Highly recommend Liam Conway.

Recommend *****

Been to San Martin for training classes was very pleased, solved our problem.Had been elsewhere but was not happy with results.Highly recommend Liam Conway.

Recommend *****
    Nice of you to sign up just to say that Liam Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Garballygal

Hi

Is your wife still doing these classes, if so could you forward me on her details. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

There is a lady who does very good classes also in Clara

• Registered Users Posts: 16 pixelscribe_8

Hi, would love some details please. Our lab is a year old.
    Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Eire_1992

if you would like to leave your details on the website link that i pm'd you she will contact you when they are starting. puppy playgroup will be starting in april sometime. she is on facebook too.

could you pm me her details please channelsurfer2 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Eire_1992

IrishHomer do you have the trainers details ? If so could you PM me please ?

Advertisement