Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSAP EXAM

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 declan_k

Thanks,,,i rang them this mornin too and i couldnt get a word in with yer one,, soem people are tellin me the cut off point is percentile and not scale score,,and others sayin the opposite,,, so if its by scale score im thinkin i did ok,,and if its by percentile im thinkin i havent a hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 cajun

For anyone interested in UCC Arts.....I just called the Mature Students Office and asked about the 2010 cutoff mark for the Arts course. She wasn't positive but she thought it was 89. Now 87 was the mark for 2009 so there was only a 2 point jump. I'm hoping it doesn't jump too much this year. The phone call has made me feel a little bit better :)

cajun wrote: »
    For anyone interested in UCC Arts.....I just called the Mature Students Office and asked about the 2010 cutoff mark for the Arts course. She wasn't positive but she thought it was 89. Now 87 was the mark for 2009 so there was only a 2 point jump. I'm hoping it doesn't jump too much this year. The phone call has made me feel a little bit better :)

Is that percentile or overall scale score? my head is wrecked from all this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

janey mac, i hope it's not percentile ;) that would be so harsh if it was, my god :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 cajun

LOL.... it's scaled score. 87 - 89 points not percent.

• Advertisement

cajun wrote: »
    LOL.... it's scaled score. 87 - 89 points not percent.

But yer one this mornin was goin on about percentile and when i told her what i got she said she didnt know anything,, thats why im confused,,god this is very confusin haha,,altho im a happy camper coz im more than ten points over that so i shud be in with a good chance,,god love us,,all we want is an education,,poor things haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bananamama

declan_k wrote: »
    But yer one this mornin was goin on about percentile and when i told her what i got she said she didnt know anything,, thats why im confused,,god this is very confusin haha,,altho im a happy camper coz im more than ten points over that so i shud be in with a good chance,,god love us,,all we want is an education,,poor things haha

Hey congrats all on the results,
    Does anyone know what the cut off point is for arts in galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bananamama

bananamama wrote: »
    Hey congrats all on the results,
    Does anyone know what the cut off point is for arts in galway?

Also what is the 'score 3' about??

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Got an average of 124. Trying for arts in UCC and Galway. Gotta head up and do another feckin exam in Maynooth this Saturday too... headache!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭jackthelad321

KingLoser wrote: »
    Got an average of 124. Trying for arts in UCC and Galway. Gotta head up and do another feckin exam in Maynooth this Saturday too... headache!

Good score, I got 118 myself, bit annoyed with section 2 as that let me down badly, but am content overall... with 124 i can't imagine you not getting into the courses you want. So fair play:D

• Advertisement

Good score, I got 118 myself, bit annoyed with section 2 as that let me down badly, but am content overall... with 124 i can't imagine you not getting into the courses you want. So fair play:D

i got overall 100 ja think that will be enough for arts in ucc?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭jackthelad321

declan_k wrote: »
    i got overall 100 ja think that will be enough for arts in ucc?

I have no idea man, but I think i have heard (read in threads here i mean) 100 is about what's needed for arts so i think you should be relatively optomistic-- i honestly have no real idea of the procedure but i sincerely hope it is in your case. I would have thought they were using this system to eliminate those who might not have what it takes for university standard arts based programmes... and then interview the rest and give a percentage of those interviewed a place?

I honestly think basing a college place singularily on one test is nothing short of madness. So i hope its being used in the way i described.

In any case good luck to you!!

I have no idea man, but I think i have heard (read in threads here i mean) 100 is about what's needed for arts so i think you should be relatively optomistic-- i honestly have no real idea of the procedure but i sincerely hope it is in your case. I would have thought they were using this system to eliminate those who might not have what it takes for university standard arts based programmes... and then interview the rest and give a percentage of those interviewed a place?

I honestly think basing a college place singularily on one test is nothing short of madness. So i hope its being used in the way i described.

In any case good luck to you!!

Thanks Jack,,im feeling positive now because of ur post,,cheers man

good luck to you too

Advertisement