Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it Rolestown or Rowlestown?

Options
  • 10-02-2011 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭

Which is correct? Or are they separate places outside Swords?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I *think* it's Rolestown but would presume it's often pronounced as RoWlestown...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

sNarah wrote: »
    I *think* it's Rolestown but would presume it's often pronounced as RoWlestown...

This is a spelling B question, which is correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

I've seen it as both. I think they're both correct. Rowlestown is the old spelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

ksimpson wrote: »
    I've seen it as both. I think they're both correct. Rowlestown is the old spelling.

Thanks, I was confused when I was looking at the Fingal Development Plan Map, they have it listed as Rowlestown then they have the below

FCC
    The rural village of Rowlestown serves a population of about 250 residents, with homes distributed mainly along the elevated ground of the Broadmeadow River valley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Corsendonk wrote: »
    Thanks, I was confused when I was looking at the Fingal Development Plan Map, they have it listed as Rowlestown then they have the below

FCC

When I was a kid I always thought it was Rollerstown. Would make a great theme park. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

signs say rolestown (in the village)
    gps says rowlestown

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

When I was a kid I always thought it was Rollerstown. Would make a great theme park. :pac:

That is how I would pronounce it. Ro lers town. Home of late tackle and sharp elbows

Advertisement