Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good value menu in cork city on sat night?

Options
  • 10-02-2011 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Any ideas welcome, six of us on a budget but would like good food, friends 30th birthday dinner, any good music recommendations for after welcome too! Booked into issacs apts for 80 euro for four of us. Looking forward to a night out:):):):):):)

Comments

Possibly not the best weekend really with the 14th looming ;)
    I like Zaks, Marlboro Street.
    http://www.zaksrestaurant.ie/

and Market Lane, Oliver Plunkett Street
    http://www.marketlane.ie/

As far as I know neither offer the early bird menu on Saturdays but the prices are reasonable anyway I think.

If ye are all late 20s, 30 ish the Savoy have a nightclub that may be of interest, generally the crowd at those nights would be good (ie no (practically) scum.

http://www.savoytheatre.ie/index.php?viewevent.html?id=236

free in if you ask on facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000251583468&ref=ts#!/pages/Super-Mega-Awesome-Dancing-Club/186221001403082?v=wall

oops, it appears the free in on facebook has been availed of to the max.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Missy1981 wrote: »
    Any ideas welcome, six of us on a budget but would like good food, friends 30th birthday dinner, any good music recommendations for after welcome too! Booked into issacs apts for 80 euro for four of us. Looking forward to a night out:):):):):):)

Two very good restaurants almost literally on your doorstep there - Greenes and Isaacs. Both should be busy this weekend but you might be lucky.

evilivor wrote: »
    Two very good restaurants almost literally on your doorstep there - Greenes and Isaacs. Both should be busy this weekend but you might be lucky.
    Missy1981 wrote: »
    on a budget

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

RoverJames wrote: »
    ;)

Both Isaacs and Greenes have really good early bird deals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

strasbourg goose is supposed to be lovely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

garhjw wrote: »
    strasbourg goose is supposed to be lovely

+1 for Strasbourg Goose. It does a smashing €20 three course meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Reganovski wrote: »
    +1 for Strasbourg Goose. It does a smashing €20 three course meal.

Was in there on Saturday, €20 for 3 course was absolutely GORGEOUS! I'm a big foodie and this is by far the best value restaurant I've come across in Cork. Website isn't the best so don't judge the place by that, just in case anyone looks it up and is a little turned off by it.

For a 3 course for €20 menu I was expecting it to be a little boring, but it's really really varied and the quality is far above the €20 price. For starters we had fishcakes and thai noodles, for mains we had lamb shanks and grilled snapper and for desserts we have chocolate gateaux with baileys sauce and cheesecake topped pavlova. All of the mentioned were flawless, we completely cleared every dish. Wine prices are fantastic, red options for €13, €15 and €18, all under €20 which is a rarity these days :) I'd recommend the Chilean merlot to go with the lamb shanks :D

Menu also has 3 different steak options, people beside us got them and they're quite a decent size.

You can't go wrong with this place! Check out reviews on Tripadvisor.com too, they're listed as the #1 restaurant in Cork.

Advertisement