Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Maths In one year?

• 10-02-2011 12:06am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, heading into the leaving cert this year looking at around 530 points with 5 honours unless something miraculous happens in June,I'll be repeating most likely in the institute! Question is, Would It be feasible to pick up Maths as a 6th honous subject next year? Looking at an A in Ordinary, got an A in Junior Cert higher,but for some stupid reason,I dropped down in TY! Any comments appreciated,Good or Bad..
    Thanks
    JJ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

As in pickup honours maths for sixth year?No I don't think so that would be severely ball breaking! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

It's project maths, it's no where near as long or hard as the current course, and the current paper is easy compared to a decade ago :o take a look at it, if your mathematically minded it should be fine, but you will need a grinds teacher who can fit it all
    into one year in a concise logical way

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

You can always try it anyway and drop down if you can't manage it. Hard to tell if it would be too difficult with the easier course. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 nightdream

project maths is definately easier, as i am doing it this year, but the paper is more wordy comparing with the normal one, and they are lots of definitions for statistics and probability.

Advertisement